Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1994 c220 read all the posts and tried everything suggested. new engine wire.harness new throttle body new OVP relay new Fuel Pump Relay. SRS waring ligjt on. keeps.going into limp mode when warmed up.

·
Registered
w163 02 ML500 W210 97 E50Amg w202 99 C230K w124 - need more space, time to build again
1,738 Posts
1994 c220 read all the posts and tried everything suggested. new engine wire.harness new throttle body new OVP relay new Fuel Pump Relay. SRS waring ligjt on. keeps.going into limp mode when warmed up.
Welcom markabor, :)

Thrown alot of parts at this. I can understand the new wiring harness - earlier year enviro wiring crap.....
Have you scanned for any saved codes? Perhaps borrow a decent scanner to do so, if you dont have one.
SRS light on = gonna need a proper scanner to read and erase that for sure.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No codes to report. SRS light dors goes out sometimes but mostly on. Suspecting Transmission harness as it has not been replaced yet. Speedo is on and off now too. Mostly off. No check Engine Light but the Radiator light is on since I bought it and it has just had the trans rebuild and rad replaced.

·
Registered
w163 02 ML500 W210 97 E50Amg w202 99 C230K w124 - need more space, time to build again
1,738 Posts
No codes to report. SRS light dors goes out sometimes but mostly on. Suspecting Transmission harness as it has not been replaced yet. Speedo is on and off now too. Mostly off. No check Engine Light but the Radiator light is on since I bought it and it has just had the trans rebuild and rad replaced.
What scanner are you using and where are you plugged into for scanning?
Under the steering wheel or under the hood in the 38 pin connector?

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Ancel AD310 under dash.
Not familiar with this scanner.
Not 100% sure, but I think your year model has a 38 pin connector under the hood on the passenger side up by the firewall. check for this.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes it has the 38 pin in the compartment under the hood and the standard ODB connector by the steering column. ANCEL AD310 Classic Enhanced Universal OBD II Scanner Car Engine Fault Code Reader CAN Diagnostic Scan Tool-Black https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01G5EA74I/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_Tw1XDbYMW4P3P There is no check engine light and no codes to pull. The scanner does live data as well as atored data. It have 3 layers of screen many of which have sub menus. What doesn’t generate a code? Disconnected the MAF sensor and it stalled.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Yes it has the 38 pin in the compartment under the hood and the standard ODB connector by the steering column. ANCEL AD310 Classic Enhanced Universal OBD II Scanner Car Engine Fault Code Reader CAN Diagnostic Scan Tool-Black https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01G5EA74I/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_Tw1XDbYMW4P3P There is no check engine light and no codes to pull. The scanner does live data as well as atored data. It have 3 layers of screen many of which have sub menus. What doesn’t generate a code? Disconnected the MAF sensor and it stalled.
Not sure if your scanner will read thru the 38pin connector (with a proper 16pin to 38pin cable adapter). I highly doubt it will work. You need to be able to scan the other codes (which Im pretty sure are stored) thru the 38pin (that you cannot read thru the 16pin. As well, you will need to be able to erase the SRS codes your getting (and any others you read and find) thru the 38pin) OR head to an proper indie shop or borrow a decent 38pin scanner to obtain some readings thru that port. No way around this with your present scanner, imo.

Also, get some CRC MAF cleaner and clean out the MAF - remove, spray it, let it dry, re-install and test again with if plugged in. Here's hoping the cleaning will assist (finger's crossed).

btw, who installed all the new parts? diy or shop.
Perhaps, detail your process here.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
DIY and already cleaned the MAF. I did everything everyone suggested on every post. Will take itvto Benz shop for 38-pin scan.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't have any trouble codes but I just realized I do have a Radiator trouble light on. I didn't think much of it because the last owner had the tranny rebuilt and the rad replaced because water got into the tranny lines and rusted the tranny. Trans works good and run cool but that light is on all the time. I read it could be fans.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
I don't have any trouble codes but I just realized I do have a Radiator trouble light on. I didn't think much of it because the last owner had the tranny rebuilt and the rad replaced because water got into the tranny lines and rusted the tranny. Trans works good and run cool but that light is on all the time. I read it could be fans.
And you read the scanner from the 38pin connector already?

Transmission codes need to be read from the 38 pin.
When a tranny light comes on, it needs to be investigated (ie. codes to be read) and then it has to be erased at the 38 pin connector. The CEL for the trans do not just disappear on their own after an issue is addressed.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
And you read the scanner from the 38pin connector already?

Transmission codes need to be read from the 38 pin.
When a tranny light comes on, it needs to be investigated (ie. codes to be read) and then it has to be erased at the 38 pin connector. The CEL for the trans do not just disappear on their own after an issue is addressed.
Does the adaptor from the standard OBD II 16 to 38 pin work? I would expect an OBD II wouldn't have transmission codes.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Does the adaptor from the standard OBD II 16 to 38 pin work? I would expect an OBD II wouldn't have transmission codes.
All adaptors that connect to your std 16 to the 38 pin (under the hood) are not created equal.
Also, some (good) scanners cannot read the tranny codes from the 38pin for these older MBs.
Im not sure about your scanner and you'd have to check even if the supplier/company even sells an adequate 38pin adapter for your scanner and that will be able to read the trans codes on your w202.

We use both an Autel md802 and foxwell nt644 for all our vehicles (neighbors included :) )

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
All adaptors that connect to your std 16 to the 38 pin (under the hood) are not created equal.
Also, some (good) scanners cannot read the tranny codes from the 38pin for these older MBs.
I'm not sure about your scanner and you'd have to check even if the supplier/company even sells an adequate 38pin adapter for your scanner and that will be able to read the trans codes on your w202.

We use both an Autel md802 and foxwell nt644 for all our vehicles (neighbors included :) )
thanks you khomer2
The scanner was Amazon's top seller and runs the ISO9141-2 software.
I have been looking at scanners specifically for MB. iCarsoft Genuine Mercedes Benz I980, MB Star C3, for an older 1994 Benz with likely transmission codes what would you recommend out of the two you listed? I was starting to think about throwing a Purge Valve and Crank Sensor at it. No code on the Purge Valve so it's sound electrically so I am buying a hand vacuum pump to test it. Crank Sensor, I was going to pull the cable and see if it generated a Check Engine.
thanks again.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
thanks you khomer2
The scanner was Amazon's top seller and runs the ISO9141-2 software.
I have been looking at scanners specifically for MB. iCarsoft Genuine Mercedes Benz I980, MB Star C3, for an older 1994 Benz with likely transmission codes what would you recommend out of the two you listed? I was starting to think about throwing a Purge Valve and Crank Sensor at it. No code on the Purge Valve so it's sound electrically so I am buying a hand vacuum pump to test it. Crank Sensor, I was going to pull the cable and see if it generated a Check Engine.
thanks again.
C3 - and there is plenty of discussion/assistance for those that use this. Read up on it to familiarize yourself with it, if you havent done so.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts