Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1991 2.3 8v Desert Taupe Metallic
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well its been several months with no problems so it was time. Driver side door lock would not open. Applied very moderate force and something seemed to slip, then no resistance when turning key and no result from the lock button either. Opened from the passenger side, no problem.

At this point drying to close the driver side door lock button meets with heavy resistance. All other door locks function well and car can be locked/unlocked from passenger side with no issues.

I have never had any issues with the lock tumblers or door locks previously so this is new.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
2000 :W220 - 1986 W201: 16v Nam,16v Euro- 2002:SL500 Silver Arrow.2002:Avalanche-
2,263 Posts
Well its been several months with no problems so it was time. Driver side door lock would not open. Applied very moderate force and something seemed to slip, then no resistance when turning key and no result from the lock button either. Opened from the passenger side, no problem.

At this point drying to close the driver side door lock button meets with heavy resistance. All other door locks function well and car can be locked/unlocked from passenger side with no issues.

I have never had any issues with the lock tumblers or door locks previously so this is new.

Any thoughts?
Driver side door is the most uses therefore wear and tear to these mechanical parts are common you will agree with me , the fact is they are very simple design with only the vacuum pot connects electrical to activate central air pump.
Your vacuum pot is not receiving any air from C/pump then it locks itself up or down force , open door panel with 3 of 8mm bolts to remove the V.pot and have it bench test..( window up make it easier), check all related linkages .

1 - 2 of 2 Posts