Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2006 E350
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wife's 350 4matic had another CEL today.... Recently threw the P0015 (camshaft adjustment magnet) and now it has this P0715 as well. Both codes pulled from AutoZone... The readout says P0715 is Turbine Speed Sensor malfunction.... Has anyone had this happen to them, and what's the most likely diagnosis and fix??? Seems like it's one thing after another with this car now... Any help/advice appreciated.

·
Purple Moderator
99 ML430, 00 ML320, 05 E500 4matic Wagon
21,802 Posts
It is a transmission code. Sometimes having it cleared from the TCU and the ECU fix it.
when acting up it will make the transmission shift at odd RPMs. If it is totally fried the
car would go into limp mode according to the list I have here from Alldata. If it is not
acting up have the code cleared from both control units. Just doing the ECU clear will
leave the code in the TCU and the ECU will light up the engine on gauge cluster.

Once cleared if it acts up again you will need replacement of the sensor. I am only familiar with the 722.6 transmissions.
If it is the seven speed I do not know if is the same as the 5 speed.
With the 5 speed the sensor is part of the conductor plate. The whole plastic plate had
to be swapped.
I do not know if that is the case with your 7 speed.

·
Registered
2006 E350
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks... Mine is the 5 speed... Will have them cleared and see what happens.... Can they clear the codes at AutoZone with the diagnostic scanner they have?

·
Purple Moderator
99 ML430, 00 ML320, 05 E500 4matic Wagon
21,802 Posts
They can not clear the TCU code. Only the ECU code so in effect it has not been cleared.
Both have to be cleared. The TCU first and then the ECU.
If you call some indy shops see if they have the Snap-On Solus or perhaps even the MB
SDS system. They will be able to clear the code from both modules.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just replaced my conductor board on my 5-speed based on the P0715 error code. My trans was in "limp home mode". It was a bit a bear of a job but I got it done. My wife took the car to our local MB dealer. After a trans code reset, all is well again. Hope it holds up. Let me know if the recommendation is to replace the conductor board, and you decide to DIY. I can give some pointers on it. There is also a very good DIY pictorial on the procedure ... start here: http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w210-e-class/1463460-mercedes-benz-722-6-transmission-faq.html

1 - 5 of 5 Posts