Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2005 W215 CL500
4,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Audio 30 says "No CD 1-6". When I eject the cartridge and reload it the changer goes through that sequence of pulling in each CD in turn. I have the cover off. Nothing is jammed and the mechanism is nice and free moving.
The FO cable works ( red light seen ) and obviou7sly it is getting power.

Any suggestions??

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi I'm about to purchase a 2003 E270.....but whats souring the deal is the fact that the CD Multichanger is'nt working.....(its located behind the facia in the dash...) accessed by a button below the 'Hazard' button. The dealer I'm buying the car of is reneaging to fix the autochanger....but having read some of the messages and forums on this site...it seems that these can be easily repaired.....what advice can anyone give me.....

·
W221 & Audio Moderator
2013 S550
11,216 Posts

·
Registered
2005 W215 CL500
4,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Skylaw, but I have stripped down the unit. Everything works.
Each CD is pulled in in turn and immediately ejected. The HU says no CD1, no CD2 etc. I assume that the FO cable works because these messages are being dispalyed. I also assume that as each CD is brought into the play position the unit is not recognising that a CD is in place. There is no spinning, just immediate rejection. The link you gave above does suggest that a sensor is inoperative, but gives no idea as to where this sensor might be nor how to repair/replace it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.