Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
SLK 350
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dawn of a new slk....
So it’s a new day – very strange – early morning, a clear deep blue sky with the sun dappling through the leaves of these tall trees. It all smells so fresh and clean, not like the cold, dark, wet place of “it�’s birth.
“It� lurks in the shadows of the building, restrained muscle, waiting, listening. After seven weeks being entombed in a dark metal box with only the distant sound of the sea and the motion of the ocean. “It� relishes the open, it yearns to stretch, to explore and test this new scenario. But for now “it� waits – and senses the movement and sounds around it.
The sun slinks higher, the temperature soars and the sounds and smells grow with the movement around “it�. “It� is patient, restrained but ready – ready for just about anything.
Then a gentle hand pats “it� lovingly to life – “it� likes that. With a growl “it� is transformed – no longer a lurking monster in the shadows but a sleek, streamlined vision that can now explore this new space – out into the direct sun – to whatever is to come.
As it starts to move, heads turn to look – to stare – “it� feels good – very good. The watchers sense the strength, the power, the promise ... the beauty, the passion.
“It� feels the dark fluids pulsing through it’s heart. Every sinew is stretched and ready. It purrs loudly – life is getting better.
The future is an open book of plains, hills, deserts and beaches – time to explore – to stretch and enjoy – the first long awaited dream is fulfilled, and yet many dreams remain for the days, months and years ahead.
The promise is palpable as another iridium silver SLK350 takes to the Australian roads. “It� transforms and becomes the “silver sorceress� – it is not a beast of evil but a seductress with passion and power!

For the last six years the (automotive) love in our life has been a 10th anniversary edition Mazda MX-5 (or Miata or Eunos Roadster depending on where in the world you live.) Christened “Blue Baby� it is truly a great car but as we are now retired – a little hard on the bones. We hope its new owners treat it as we have and get as much enjoyment from it.
Now after five long months waiting our SLK350 has arrived and yesterday we took it home to Black Rock on the bay just south of Melbourne, Australia.
This is one hell of a car. Strange but the beast seems alive – to have a personality and a zest for life.
Needless to say my wife Judy and I are very proud of the new addition to the family – maybe we should put a birth announcement in the paper?

Life can be very good.

·
Registered
W116, W126, R170.
217 Posts
Hello Obsidian,

Congratulations and nice work, you had me hanging on every word, let us know when you release your first book. Or have you already?

Let us see some photos soon as possible. If your photography is as good as your literary skills, we should be in for something special.

Best wishes,

Agent 1. [8D]

·
Registered
350 SLK
1,528 Posts
Wow, I am impressed! Great descriptive writing. I almost felt like I was there. When mine arrives next week I was just going to say, "It's here!".[:I]

Oh, I forgot. Congratulations! Have a cigar for me (since you are in Australia make it a Cuban one)[}:)]

·
Registered
SLK 350 , S 500 L, C 200
109 Posts
Hi obsidian ,
small world - I too have the 10th aniversary MX5 - which I have now upgraded to the SLK - what a great little car - have not yet had the courage to part with it - but it will go soon - also I hope to a good home.

Alsie

1 - 6 of 6 Posts