Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1991 350SDL 2004 G500
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright i'm curious about something. I know that one day my rods will probably bend (No signs of it yet, knock on wood) And i've read in the forums that Mercedes-Benz doesn't offer new engines only rebuilds. However heres the question. Is it possible for me to order the updated (and theoretically stronger) con-rods for me to do my own rebuild through my own mechanic? (Therefore saving $$$$$) Or is the process much more involved then just chagning the con-rods? (Of course while i'm doing this I might as well install new sleeves, gaskets etc etc)

·
Registered
1980 300sd, 1998 e320
73 Posts
I'm not sure about that but I wouldn't have anyone work on your car that couldn't answer that for you.

·
Registered
1991 350SDL 2004 G500
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nckmsn - 4/8/2005 2:53 AM

I'm not sure about that but I wouldn't have anyone work on your car that couldn't answer that for you.
Yeah I haven't asked anyone else yet, they know engines and they are good. But finding a mechanic that even knows what a 350SD/SDL is seems to be tricky. (No surprise they are the 2nd rarest w126) I just thought i'd find out here first. BTW someone mentioned a few weeks ago about making an information section for all the Mercedes models...what ever happened to that little project?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts