Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The dealer's service rep who I use, and like, encouraged me, when I talked to her about my sun visor problem, to consider buying an extended warranty now that my one year, certified pre-owned warranty is about to expire. My question is, how good are all of the little ECU/computers on board the car? Does anything else that's expensive break on these cars? We drive on generally good roads, use Chevron Premium gas, Mobil 1 oil (no consumption between changes), the car reaches full temperature just about every time its started, and has about 24K miles.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Extended warranties for a benz is a shameful thing around here.not sure why.maybe no one wants to admit to paying thousands of dollars for a warranty , others may worry that you will buy one cheaper than they did.
I purchased a Toyota 3 year extended warranty for $650 (out of my state) that the local dealer wanted $1600 for.
After reading these posts for a year I don't even know what an extended benz warranty goes for or if there is some competition between the dealers in selling them but whatever the price I'm sure it is expensive........

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Extended warranties for a benz is a shameful thing around here.not sure why.maybe no one wants to admit to paying thousands of dollars for a warranty , others may worry that you will buy one cheaper than they did.
I purchased a Toyota 3 year extended warranty for $650 (out of my state) that the local dealer wanted $1600 for.
After reading these posts for a year I don't even know what an extended benz warranty goes for or if there is some competition between the dealers in selling them but whatever the price I'm sure it is expensive........
When we bought our car a year ago the price for an extended warranty then was $2700. I couldn't pay that, we already got beat up money-wise because the dealer took a horrible 2010 VW Routan off our hands, so we didn't even try to negotiate a lower price. I can't remember the terms for that warranty, but I've got a call in to our dealer to see what they can do for us. More later!

·
Premium Member
2013 C250
7,273 Posts
$2700 for extended warranty, pass.

I have over 90K miles on my C300, very reliable. Sure things will need fixing after the 100K point, but most likely after the extended warranty expires.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
$2700 for extended warranty, pass.

I have over 90K miles on my C300, very reliable. Sure things will need fixing after the 100K point, but most likely after the extended warranty expires.
Yes, I've decided to pass. Just had a long talk about this with the dealer. The MB extended warranty is $2400 (today's good-guy price), but only covers two extra years. They make it sound impressive and set the mileage at 100,000, but our car has only 24K miles, and we only put on 12K in the last year.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts