Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am I the only C32 owner here who is really irritated by the throttle cutoff when you touch the brake? I am fortunate to have a commute on a road with lots of curves, but this intrusive 'safety' feature ruins the experience.When I bought the car I made the foolish assuption that turning off the ESP switch would disable the automatic throttle cutoff. Ain't so. Mercedes seem to be building cars for people who want to drive fast without being bothered with learning how. I really wanted to love this car. Is there a fix from Renntech?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
it is particularly annoying in stop and go traffic!<br> <br> otherwise i hardly even notice it. i doubt there is any 'fix' for this. if there is, i doubt anyone would be willing to to it, because, as you stated, this is a safety feature. it is a lot more drastic than taking out the limiter. <br> <br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Good point but..........

If you write to Mercedes Customer Service(Klaus Ulkann is the VP)like I did, they might begin to see enough potential customers going to other makes that they will offer a retro fit to fix or at least improve the lag in the system. Currently, they think I'm the only performance wacko that has a real issue with it. If any one wants to join the 'crusade against performance curtailment', the address is: Klaus Ulkann, Vice President Customer Services, One Mercedes Drive P.O.Box 350 Montvale NJ 07645-0350. The form letter they sent me said they 'want to listen to Mercedes owners' so I gave them an earfull(4 typed pages)

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Good point but..........

You are supposed to drive on the gas or on the brakes, not both at the same time, right?<br> <br> I have driven a few and haven't had this problem.<br> <br> But, I usually turn off the ESP first thing.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Excatly when does this happen?

Excatly when does this happen?<br> I've heard off times when there is a lag between the brake and gas...ie..trying to make a quick left turn from a stop.<br> <br> Or are you talking about brake torqueing on a launch? I'm interested in getting a c32 but i'm worried about this throttle cuttoff

1 - 6 of 6 Posts