Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
sl320, 911C2
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just bought my 94 SL320 at $15000. I am very satisfied with it except for some annoying sound when I drive with the hard top. That seems to be some grinding noise between the hard top and the car body/side window glass. Does anybody got similar problem? WHat can I do to reduce the noise? There is no such noise when i drive with my soft top.
Thanks!
Simon (HK)[:0][:0]

·
Registered
sl500
7 Posts
I have just bought my 94 SL320 at $15000. I am very satisfied with it except for some annoying sound when I drive with the hard top. That seems to be some grinding noise between the hard top and the car body/side window glass. Does anybody got similar problem? WHat can I do to reduce the noise? There is no such noise when i drive with my soft top.
Thanks!
Simon I have a '97 sl500, the manual mentions synchronizing power windows is the power has been interupted. It says press the up side" of the switch and hold it for an additional two seconds after the window is closed. Repeat procedure for each window. Tfhe automatic full opening and closing procedure of the windows should now be restoreed."
Might not help but shouldn't hurt.
Fred

·
Registered
mercedes 300 sl-24
1 Posts
hola, no hablo inglés, soy de Barcelona (SPAIN), COMO PODR�A SOLUCIONAR EL PROBLEMA QUE ...

hola, no hablo inglés, soy de Barcelona (SPAIN), COMO PODR�A SOLUCIONAR EL PROBLEMA QUE TENGO CON EL HARD.TOP, CUANDO CIRCULO CON ÉL, TAMBIÉN OIGO UNOS RUIDOS, QUE CUANDO BAJO DEL TODO EL CRISTAL, YA NO SE OYE.
GRACIAS Y PERDON.

·
Registered
00 S500,99 4wgn,87TD
579 Posts
Thanks!
do not use wd-40 on any rubber item including seals around the top. use silicone spray or furniture polish. they won't ruin the rubber.....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts