Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
B200 year 2006
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Posted this on the main forum but got no response??/

I have a 2006 B200 which every once and a while (intermittent) when I try to lock the car the passenger side lock will try to engage several times (staccato?) in succession and sometimes locks and other times doesn't???
Known problem, any ideas??
Regards, Jim

·
W245 Moderator
2009 C300 4MATIC
3,302 Posts
I have to dig into this too, my rear right door does that when it locks itself after taking off... first time I just freaked out, it sounded like a machine gun or something, at least six times it clacked like that... annoying yes but at least it locks for now... I think the motor is going... I'll leave this till spring'had it for a year now...

·
Registered
see signature
4,017 Posts
The mechanism is jamming or a solenoid is failing. I was told that the STAR machine can read faults in the central locking system so ask your dealer to look for codes the next time you are there.

·
Registered
24 Posts
The mechanism is jamming or a solenoid is failing. I was told that the STAR machine can read faults in the central locking system so ask your dealer to look for codes the next time you are there.
that machine does come in handy. Too bad it's so pricy

·
W245 Moderator
2009 C300 4MATIC
3,302 Posts
On a second thought I think it' kinda winter related... heard the ticking again, this time the driver's door and the rear right door, when I took off today from work. I don't hear it in the summer, and only starts when the doors auto lock after start...

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have B200, 2006 and has the similar issue. Passenger side back door lock bounces up and down while you press lock from Key and door does not lock. Anyone can provide the step by step process how to open the rear door panel and what to change to fix this problem ?
Thanks

·
Registered
2006 B 200 .....& Audi A6..
8,487 Posts
If you do a search of "Changin rear speakers"..using the misspelled "changin" in the search.. This post did explain how to get the inner door panel off in detail.
This won't really help you very much as all that you will now see is metal..

Fist step is to remove the small rubber insert on the interior door recessed black plastic grab handle..and remove the 2 torx screws that are now seen..
Plastic clips hold the panel in place around the inner panel.. Using a few thin and flat wedges to get the first clip to pop out will help you a lot..

Do it in warm weather is best as the clips can break if forced too quickly..

It lifts up and off very easily..

Try spraying a penetrating oil down the rod (lock button) and have the fluid reach the bottom of that rod.. It might solve this "machine gun" effect from reoccurring..

·
Registered
2006 B200T
929 Posts
Try spraying a penetrating oil down the rod (lock button) and have the fluid reach the bottom of that rod.. It might solve this "machine gun" effect from reoccurring..
I get this only in the winter and when cold and wet (same door). I think it is moisture related. I spray lube down the shaft of the lock pin and it seems to work for a couple months or so and then I do it again.

Also, if it doesn't lock, then just open the door and manually press the lock pin down. It will lock this way. This issue never occurs in the summer.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
2006 B 200 .....& Audi A6..
8,487 Posts
If you do remove the inner door panel, you will have a little bit better access to spray down the rod from the top.

If you remove the door speaker,..you will then be able to see inside the door (somewhat) and possibly get better access to the door mechanism.. It's still a reach from where the speaker hole is to the far side of the door.

D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts