Hi,1) For my 03 I used the CanBus wiring harness (the one with the box attached to it). My radio had the standard euro connector in back, plus one of those (cam, lever to release plugs). To get the canbus working, the kit includes a plug that connects to this cam-lever harness. It has 2 pairs of wires coming off it, a white set and a green set. I assumed the green was correct, but the white ones are actually the ones you need. These then connect to the green B0 plug on the head unit wiring harness.
2) I also did confirm that the stock NAV antenna does not work with this unit, you will need to use the included GPS antenna.
3)I did get an airbag warning, which likely is just coincidental. Haven't had time to diagnose.
4) Still need to connect the illum wire (assuming I need it)
Thanks for your detailed Install write up's, I know there will be other forum members who will be very grateful for these, some very soon :grin
If you can stick to the 2 threads you have running now, I will link them in our Encyclopaedia to "immortalise" them :thumbsup: EDIT:- Now Done !
1) Yep, that is the correct way to connect to CAN Bus, although my earlier Model Year Car used the Greens Can you confirm, was yours the same Plug as mine ............... The plug with Grey Cam Lever ??
2) What was the reason Nav didn't work ?? Was it just that the "Coax plug" is not SMA so doesn't fit H/U, or did you actually physically connect it and it didn't work ?? It was my intention to fit a new SMA male plug on mine when I get some more time to do it, but mine is working OK right now with the supplied Antenna just stuck on the top of the H/U :wink
See reply 4) below if you did physically connect, maybe your Antenna Amp is not waking ?? Poor Radio Reception would confirm ??
3) Check you haven't pulled a wire from Airbag Module, (behind H/U & HVAC Panel low down on Tunnell), even if it's plugged in now will probably require SDS Read & Reset once an SRS Code has flagged
4) You don't need to connect Illum Wire, or any other of these wires, as CAN Bus does all that, connecting them creates conflicts and then stuff doesn't work correctly ........................
With possible / maybe the exception of your H/U / Antenna Amp wake up, because your Car had F/O Amp, mine did not, and so my "wake up wire" was on the Old COMAND H/U's Multiplug (Blue / Black) and connected to the Erisin's Power / Earth Plugs Blue wire on the new H/U Plug :wink
Just a final note for others doing the Install, you do not need to connect "Acc" wire to Cig Lighter (or anywhere else as some guys claim), once again it is the CAN Bus that wakes up the H/U