Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

361 - 380 of 395 Posts

·
W220 Moderator
7,862 Posts
I am Windows / Google and can see them fine ;)

Being a dinosaur, pooters are for pootering, and mobile phones are for phoning and texting, not for glueing to faces :D

Reactions: 4DGeorge

·
Registered
2003 S500
2,948 Posts
I think that these are both cell phone equipment. The amp is for cell signal. (The radio antenna amp is under the headliner at the rear, near the rear window antenna.)

The small box, I think is the switch box. It connects the cell phone to either the shark fin on the roof, or the emergency cell antenna inside the rear bumper cover. (In case the car is on its roof when the old ONSTAR equivalent would try to report the accident.)

·
Registered
2000 S430, 2003 S430, 2000 S500, 2003 S600 TT, and 2005 E320 CDI
5,340 Posts
Kubuntu GNU/Linux "Trusty Tahr" and Firefox+NoScript. I can see your images fine as well.

Reactions: 4DGeorge

·
Registered
2007 W221 S600L, 2002 W220 S280, 2007 W164 ML320CDI
224 Posts
Off topic:
The image problem is on the Tapatalk app only. You can upload via the app no problem but can't view them back on the app. They are fine in any browser. The mods are aware and working on it.

Sent from my MI 9 using Tapatalk

·
W220 Moderator
7,862 Posts
/\ /\ /\ except as Mods we cannot work on it, nor can Admins, Mods report to Admin, then they have to report to the Site Owners who then report (or don't ????) to the Software Numpties that built this disgrace called Software !!

nuff said lol

·
Premium Member
2006 S500 (W220, Designo Espresso, AMG Sport, LWB)
421 Posts
Posting idea here for future visitors:
Use vinyl wrap to cover non-matching wood or plastic trim pieces.
(Haven't done it yet, but this chopped photo gives the idea)

·
Registered
W201 190D 2.5 1991
112 Posts
I have issue with my CAN,
when i Connect CAN to Canbus ive got steering wheel control but... backup camera doesnt work on Reverse,
when I change settings on the Canbox Camera works but steering wheel doesnt wake up from the Canbus... any idea whats wrong?
And also if i press arrow buttons (changing tracks, radio station) my modes on the instrument cluster are moving,
how to fix that?

thanks

·
W220 Moderator
7,862 Posts
Have you also connected all the other wires that you should not have .............

Acc, Reverse, SWC1 SWC2 etc etc because if you have then that will cause all kinds of conflicts ................
Those Wires are only there because the Motherboard is used in other H/U's for non CAN Bus Cars.
Failing that you either have the wrong CAN Decoder or similar ............

IIRC the "Track Change and Cluster Menu's" is a glitch, but by using SDS to Version Code various modules including ICM for COMAND = "Not Present" you can work around a lot of it, and if you select "Audio" in the Cluster Menu then the Tracks Change without altering the Menu ;)

Phone Call answer / hang up, Reverse Cam etc etc should all work flawlessly, the only glitch I had was that track Change anomaly ;)

I am sure all this info is in the Android Sticky ;)

HTH,

Reactions: MikeKerr

·
Registered
W201 190D 2.5 1991
112 Posts
Hello
Yes all the wires like acc are not connected. I’m using Canbus only but it doesn’t work properly... I was wondering if I can connect brown wire to the wheel 1, red brown to wheel 2, head unit illumination wire to the iso illumination wire etc....

·
Registered
W201 190D 2.5 1991
112 Posts
Failing that you either have the wrong CAN Decoder or similar .........
Maybe the canbox decoder is wrong?
For example if I set in the extra settings canbox type b200, then set on the Canbus b200 via switches steering and backup camera doesn’t work.
But if I set CLK for example steering works, but reverse camera doesn’t..
If I set old S class then reverse works but wheels doesn’t.
If I set sprinter, the reverse video is always ON on the screen...
If I set all the switches OFF on the decoder then the reverse works when needed but wheel steering doesn’t... where’s the issue ?

you said also about this glitch but how to fix that ? Sorry Technical Wnglish is not my mother language
Anyway thanks a lot for your efforts

·
W220 Moderator
7,862 Posts
Nope, you cannot do that, those wires are for "old fashioned" type Resistance Based switches, not CAN Bus signalling Switches, when you get used to it it, and have done the SDS Coding Off of various now redundant items, (NAVI, COMAND, CTel) etc then it really isn't a big deal, I often just use the touch screen to skip or change stations ;)

If you do not do the Version Coding then you haven't done the job properly and you run the risk of Battery Drains etc as various Modules keep the CAN alive when Car is switched off because they are looking for COMAND items that are no longer there ;)

You cannot fix the Track / Station Glitch to my knowledge !!

HTH,

·
Registered
W201 190D 2.5 1991
112 Posts
But when I switch the key off and open the door the radio is turning OFF...
Also my previous owner probably removed via Star Diagnosis the Navi because I don’t have option Navi/Audio in the cluster .

Did you fixed that glitch in your car? Or it’s impossible to remove changing tracks and instrument menus?

·
Registered
W201 190D 2.5 1991
112 Posts
When I switch the radio On the illumination goes on, but the dimmer doesn’t work... looks like the can doesn’t control brightness adjustments? Why?

·
W220 Moderator
7,862 Posts
Hi again,

Illum is dimmable, and can adjust the colour in the H/U Menus, but not via Car Controls.
But it should go bright without Car Lights on and dim when you switch on Sidelights / Headlights for night time use ;)

I think you may be expecting too much from a £300 Android unit, or alternatively you need to spend your time researching all of this stuff on this and other Forums, many of us have typed pages and pages about it all ...............

Fact remains that for the price, (and once installed and configured correctly), these units are streets in front of an old now outdated COMAND D2B Unit and IMHO still better than the later Post Facelift MOST COMAND's especially when they are broken .......................

I can of course only speak for the ERISIN Units I have in 2 of my MB's and without reading back chapter and verse I have no idea what unit you have, so cannot really comment on it's specifics ;)

·
Registered
W201 190D 2.5 1991
112 Posts
Btw can I use canbox for the steering wheel control and connect backup reverse camera avoiding can? Because right know it’s some problrm
Camera vs Canbus wheel control...

·
Registered
W201 190D 2.5 1991
112 Posts
Do You mean to remove all the wires from the ISO socket
and leave only Main+, Earth and wakeup?
I am using also Can Decoder box, do I need this?
Or i can connect directly car to the head unit as picture below?
Brown/RedBrown Canbus to the CAN RX/TX in the HU, will it work?
I will show You my iso connector later..
D96F617A-4E01-4F03-B8A8-F1CECDA49CA3.jpeg

·
W220 Moderator
7,862 Posts
OK, Plug K on your H/U

Connect ONLY 1,2,3,4, then 6, then 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 & 16 NOTHING ELSE ON THAT PLUG !!

9 and 10 are CAN, did your H/U come with a CAN Decoder ??, or does it have built in CAN Decoder ?? ..............

If it came with CAN Decoder connect 9 and 10 to CAN Decoder, if it has built in CAN Decoder connect to Cars CAN ..............

That is it then you just need to connect your Rev Cam and Sat Antenna and Radio Antenna ;)

HTH

·
Registered
W201 190D 2.5 1991
112 Posts
How to properly connect rev camera? power from the cigaret light? And the reverse signal? Or does it come from CAN??I need to check in a car but Now im sick...

ive got separate Canbus box, I think the issue is there... will have a look a. Update thank you much for your help sir

I’ll showYou iso connectors from my car, maybe it’s messed somehow

361 - 380 of 395 Posts