Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1990 560SEL
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Driving home one day and the car starts dying. First the radio goes off, then the air conditioner, then the windows only open very, very slowly and then the steering gets really tough and finally just as I pull into my driveway the car dies completely --- nothing (not even a click from the ignition). Me, not knowing how to put oil in it, do what I always did: call THE DEALERSHIP (and any of you near New Jersey know THE DEALERSHIP). The guy's nice on the phone, why not, I've been bringing the car to them for 10 years. He'll send some one right out. They show up with a flat bed with the 'royal warrant' on the side and confirm there's nothing they can do on the spot. The next morning I get a call from the same nice guy telling me that a cable from the battery has melted out. "No big deal," he says. Finally after two more days I call him back. "Oh, it's ready, didn't you get a call?" --- "Total is $1,750". That cable was a 'harness' --- then there was a battery, towing, labor. When I pointed out that none of this was told to me in advance and that the impression I was left with was a $19 wire (which I would accept is $119 in DEALERSHIP-land) --- the cost came down to $375. I've never been back --- that's why I'm here. If you liked that story, and it made you feel superior (which was my self-effacing purpose) I've got plenty more! [B)]

·
Registered
12-Camel TT S600
1,794 Posts
well why dont u like sue them real good and get rich.. hehe..they were trying to rip u off for no reason assuming u were typical mb noob..

i hate this with service outlets and mechanics.. the more u trust them the more they want to rip u off.they start to think that u have build such blind trust on them.. u will belive what ever they diagnose and quote...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts