Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
SLK350
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
... difficult to tell in my SLK as the hands are out of step.

Basically the big hand is not alligned correctly with the little hand. So when the big hand points to the 12 the little hand indicates about 20 past the hour, and this is carries on throughout the day.

Where this gets interesting is at about 10 to three for instance, the big hand is indicating before 3 o'clock and the little hand is indicating after 3 o'clock.

Wierd huh?

Anyway the dealer agrees it is wrong and a new instrument cluster is needed to fix the problem as the unit is sealed.

Anyone else had this? - I guess not as I can not recall seeing any clock like this before.

·
Registered
2000SLK-2005SLK
57 Posts
Gill,
Consider yourself lucky, I can't even set the clock in mine. Maybe I need a bigger crowbar!

Doc Lar[8D]

·
Registered
R171
215 Posts
I've just had my instrument cluster replaced because stripes in the upper LCD panel had started to fail. I feared that they would mess up the whole dashboard and creaks/noises would start but all is well. Hope the same is the case with your car

·
Registered
SLK350
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Owen,

I am a bit worried about creaks / noises being introduced into the car which is currently without any rattles - first new car I have ever had that has been noise free [:)]

Not much choice really as the clock is annoying as it is

The car is booked in on Friday 13th [:O][:O][:O]

Can only hope. As yours is okay after a new instrument cluster I am a bit happier about the change.

ttfn

1 - 4 of 4 Posts