Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
This Thread came in huge! big thanks to the OP as it saved alot of time troibleshooting this!
Bottom line, last weekend went through a car wash ...parked the car...when got back in got the airmatic error.
This weekend went right under the rear cover and guess what? looks like its been repaired before, and failed right after the repair.
....while there - found the blind spot radar sensor asking for some food :) well i guess i know why BSS message is up :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks Vortec, good advice.

2) On the W212 (at least my year and model) the wiring diagram says that Relay K67 gets the power on the 30 line ("battery direct" according to DIN 72552, but it really goes through a fuse) on terminal 4 of the relay socket (terminal 3 is 87, the normally open contact), through a 6mm red wire that goes through a connector sleeve Z211z2 and Z211z1, then from Fuse 160, which is a 60 amp maxi fuse located in F32, the front pre-fuse box.
Just a quick question..
That 60amp maxi fuse has burned on my W212. Mercedes offers no spare fuses.. only the whole box coming in at around 400USD.
Since you write that the relay gets it power from KL30.. Does that mean I can run a new wire directly from the battery? (With a fuse of course)

·
Registered
3 Posts
This was perfect!!

Of course we were 950 miles from home on vacation when the air suspension on our 2011 212 wagon quit! what a long drive home with the car bottoming out on every overpass. Before we left I found this description and when we got home I checked and both wires to the actuator were broken! spliced them back and all is good. The description provided was just perfect, thanks!

21 - 25 of 25 Posts