Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
05 500
6,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And so this weekend I took a trip to New York City and the 500 was a dream to drive!!!

Wow, my first trip on this baby and she didn't disappoint, except for her thirst for juice - I averaged about 17 city/highway (18 on highway, definitely, and I was rolling easy on the speed limit). Coming back, I said screw 55 and 65 and punched it. 90 felt like 55 with extreme poise. On the Jersey turnpike coming towards DE, some idiot in a Pelude decided not to let me pass him - he would not yield left lane and would accelerate when I tried to pass on right, what an ass. I saw an opening on the right lane and I decided to toye with him a bit (thank goodness my wife was asleep!!!), touch shifted to fourth, stayed level with him and just when he thought he'd close the gap infront, I punched it and my exhaust was in his face for a just second and I was gone the next - I don't hang around to show off, I just want to get on my merry way. I hope he had a good drive wherever he was going!!!

Anyway, as usual the city was great; I actually saw a Maybach (is that the spelling?) at Trump Tower and my 'Cuse won the BigEast Basketball touney!!!

·
Registered
2011 GLK,2007 S550,2003 S55,2008 CLK,2009 C300,1996 E300,2005 E320,2002 E3
1,355 Posts
RE: And so this weekend I took a trip to New York City and the 500 was a dream to drive!!!

DMan:
Sorry that was me blocking you in[:D]LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Just Kidding. Isnt that a blast when you walk away from a car in the ML. [:D][:D][:D]

·
Registered
'02ML320
806 Posts
RE: And so this weekend I took a trip to New York City and the 500 was a dream to drive!!!

did you have fun avoiding potholes? good old urban offroading

·
Premium Member
05 500
6,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Yep, it's a rush, well, a very controlled rush I must admit.

·
Premium Member
05 500
6,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

onesixthree - 3/14/2005 8:46 PM

did you have fun avoiding potholes? good old urban offroading
And to think that after I left over 6-years ago, they'd have thought to fix them potholes. I stayed at the Marriott Marquis near Times Square, and even there, there was no avoiding the potholes. It's funny how much civilized I drive now in the city compared with 7-years ago - actually, I was driving like an old lady, compared with the rest of traffic. As much as I love that place, I don't miss the Matrix environment one bit. And the darn snow/salt on the way there!!!!! What gives??? I barely have snow here in the Eastern Shore of MD, so I wasn't bery pleased to have my black ML go through that. It was all fun though!!

·
Registered
Ml 500SE
269 Posts

Hello Dmann:
I think you got your black 05 500 about the same time I got mine. My prior ML was an 00 430 also black! I thought it was strong, but not the beast the 05 500SE is. I even thought they slipped and put in the 5.5 AMG engine. I share your delight with my new ML (2200 miles). I haven't floored it yet, don't have to! As you can see I live in sunny so. Ca. so I don't have to worry about the salt, and snow! Haven't made a long trip yet, but I have a home in Montana (America's Autobahn) too! Plan on going there this summer and know of plenty of straight flat roads. Have had it up to 100 and like you say it's smooth and straight. Could run all day that way! If you can afford the gas these are the only ML to have, and I don't regret signing the big check for it! Have fun!!!!! [8D][8D][8D]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts