Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
SLK..lower than yours
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well guys, after almost 2 years of sitting around... and thinking of what to do with it, I finally pulled the trigger and sold the car. Some of you might want to kill me for this, but drove it to carmax, they offered $5000, I said $6500..they said yes, I took the check and said good buy.

Just so you guys get the picture, the car got driven 4000 miles in the last two years, with me not living no longer in Miami, the car was not receiving the care and attention it really needs to keep it in shape as it always was and I could really feel it was beginning to deteriorate on me, so before It got any worse, I decided to part with it, just the way I had it, HRE wheel and everything. Hopefully it goes to a good home where they will appreciate it and enjoy it as much as I did for all these years... this car had a real sentimental value and that is why I hold on to it for the past two years but I kind of felt I needed to move on as well, anyways, here are some pictures of it in all its stages, some of you have seen, some of the newbs around have not:

2001 SLK320.

First mods, OEM CLK grill (none of that ebay crap), SL shorty antenna, color-matched side reflectors...

Then, in a blink of an eye... came the 18" staggered brabus reps, the koni/h&r suspension and a bunch of other little things...

Shortly after, I got my custom magnaflow exhaust made... and got rid of my peeling interior for ever... lol

shortly after, the bug hit me again..and came the clear fogs, the projector headlights, stainless roll bars and smoked tail lights..

·
Registered
SLK..lower than yours
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
suddenly... i started to hit the track with the car and attend some rallies ...

then, after having the 18s for a while I began to get bord of them and got a hold of one of my all time favorite wheels...HRE 540R... in 19s, so everyone could hate lol

threw them on the way I got'em for a couple days....

·
Registered
SLK..lower than yours
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
wow, that is a nice car you had.

What will be your next ride?
How many miles did it have?

Thanks!! In the states? Nothing for now, I borrow my sister's or other relatives cars when I Go, Ive been living in Venezuela for the past two years and Im driving a bmw e39 540i... which ive already modded quite alot, lol.

The SLK had only 65,000 florida miles... some of them were very hard driven... but the car never suffered any mechanical failure, never broke down (only when it had a dead battery) and it had alot of maintenance done...

·
Registered
03' SLK 230
104 Posts
price

yeah 6500 is really cheap i bet you could have gotten 10,000 easy.

·
Registered
SLK..lower than yours
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah 6500 is really cheap i bet you could have gotten 10,000 easy.
the PSE pump was having problems... a couple of the roof jacks had began to fail, the front control arm bushings needed to be replaced, it also needed new brake pads and new rear tires.

Those were all things that needed time and money and I rather let it go "as is" and loose a couple hundred...

:)

·
Registered
SLK 230 Kompressor 1998
366 Posts
the PSE pump was having problems... a couple of the roof jacks had began to fail, the front control arm bushings needed to be replaced, it also needed new brake pads and new rear tires.

Those were all things that needed time and money and I rather let it go "as is" and loose a couple hundred...

:)
I hear ya, it is fun doing those things though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts