Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
SLK 320 BRABUS Modded
2,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

I have been busy for a little while but I'm baccccckkkkkkk..

Daz

·
Registered
SLK 320 BRABUS Modded
2,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good to see your still here:thumbsup:

It's new tyre time, what makes are we running now ? 18" BTW and don't say toyo :surrender:

Daz

·
Registered
2002 SLK 32 AMG, bone stock. 1987 190E 2.3-16 valve (destroyed). 2005 E320 new toy.
14,926 Posts
There aren't many of us old farts left is there........... :D

·
Registered
2012 SLK350
401 Posts
Good to see you back. Now get busy and make me laugh ;)

About the tires. After reading a thread posted last spring, I took Bruce's (oberi) recommendation and bought a set of Conti Extreme Contacts (DWs). About a month ago, I bought a set of DWSs for my Pontiac G8 (Holden Commodore). Outstanding bang for the buck. Have been very happy with them both. My tire guy whom I have been dealing with for many years also said they were a good choice but warned that they do have a fragile sidewall. He also recommended Michelin Pilot sports but the price difference was big.

·
Registered
SLK 320 BRABUS Modded
2,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys

I'll have a look at both of those ;)

Daz

·
Registered
2001 SLK 320 auto, 2006 CLS320 CDi.
420 Posts
I thought it was a bit quiet around here and was wondering if you'd sold the brabus or something papa.

I'm currently using Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetrics all round and i love em, on my 2nd set of rears now.
Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric - tyre reviews, the online tyre guide

I've been through 2 sets of Kumho KU31s before them which are alright because they are cheap but I didnt like how easy they aquaplaned. The F1s have transformed the way the car handles and I have a lot more confidence in chucking the car into corners and they also don't suffer from tramlining as much as others either. Before the Kumhos I had Pilot Sports but havent gone back to those since one of them start to loose its tread.

·
Registered
SLK 320 BRABUS Modded
2,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi m8

Still got it but it's a bit unloved at the mo,Needs some tlc.

Starting to do bits and bobs now. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2003 SLK 230 Stock, Black on Black
30 Posts
I really like my Conti Extreme Contact DWS. They provide a quiet ride, have a really nice grip, with a sporty-looking tread. They are very affordable thru TireRack.com. I had the previous model of Conti Extreme Contact before these and I liked those too. Good luck with your choice.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts