Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
75, 280Sl /5speed
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I apologize if your all getting tired of this, however. The bear claw portion of the door latch, on the passenger door, can be either in the operated or non-operated position and the door lock mechanism will operate. The drivers door bear claw however MUST be in the operated position for the door lock mechanism to work. Both latches look the same to me so which side is working correctly?? Both doors are off and I want to get them correct befor remounting.Thanks in advance.

Attachments

·
Outstanding Contributor
450slc5.0cab 280sl5sp 280se4.5 500se+500slAMG +250seStkW108 350sl4spdX3 500secEuro
22,562 Posts
I apologize if your all getting tired of this...
Nonsense. People don't have to read it if they don't want. Never hesitate to ask a good question. In most cases if your question doesn't get a response, it's because nobody knows the answer. So guess what... I don't know the answer, but will be glad to learn.

No more apologies please. :)

·
Outstanding Contributor , Bob's Your Uncle!
-----'83 280 SL----- 5 speed....The PIG
29,512 Posts
I apologize if your all getting tired of this, however. The bear claw portion of the door latch, on the passenger door, can be either in the operated or non-operated position and the door lock mechanism will operate. The drivers door bear claw however MUST be in the operated position for the door lock mechanism to work. Both latches look the same to me so which side is working correctly?? Both doors are off and I want to get them correct befor remounting.Thanks in advance.
I'm following this as I have some bad rattles and a door latch that pops open to the first detent on the drivers side. That happens with the top up and the cabin full of positive air pressure.

·
R/C107 Moderator
1986 560SL: '84 500SL: '84 280SL 5 speed: other 107s
32,348 Posts
I'm following this as I have some bad rattles and a door latch that pops open to the first detent on the drivers side. That happens with the top up and the cabin full of positive air pressure.
Don't fart with the windows and top up. That advice will cost you $1.00.

·
Premium Member
'72 350SL, '85 300D, '98 E320, '19 Subaru Outback (sold '14 GLK250)
10,338 Posts
In most cases if your question doesn't get a response, it's because nobody knows the answer. So guess what... I don't know the answer, but will be glad to learn.
Would like to answer, but can't recall how it SHOULD be :dunno:

Remember having the mechanism inside the door stuck, so it did not latch when the door was closed and door would not close. I fixed it somehow, probably from information on this forum.

From memory, I would think your second pic is correct.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts