Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally decided to go through with the modification using the C32 exhaust system (muffler, resonator with the oversized 75mm tubes) instead of trying to order the supposedly bolt-on AMG kit for the C240/C320. <br>
<br>
Some modifications to the outlet end of Y connector and a section between the cat and the resonator had to be done. AMG Performance Group did a very professional job and everything looks like an OE bolt-on job! Extra clean job and to me worth the extra money (charged me 4 man-hours), but I expect nothing short of perfection on work done. <br>
<br>
Sound is subdued (Shhhvroom) and I expect the sound to improve as I put in more mileage. My service advisor down at MB Broadway says it sounds just like a C32 and is smiling from ear to ear (he is a car guy himself). <br>
<br>
Initially, the mods seems to throw off the fuel consumption read-outs (showing way much higher consumption....20 Ltrs./100 Kms.), perhaps enjoying the sound too much!!! LOL. <br>
Seems to be settling down now somewhat, but still higher than usual (13.6 Ltrs./100 Kms.) after a 30 Kms. run. BTW, I gassed up this morning and re-set the readings. <br>
<br>
BTW, to those familiar how the CLK430 sounds while driving with the windows shut, the C32 exhaust does not sound anywhere close....much quieter, but an improvement over the OE 'stealth' muffler/resonator. Now sounds more like a sports sedan with lots of class. <br>
<br>
__________________<br>
Beng - Vancouver, BC <br>
2001 C320 & 2002 SLK32<br>

1 - 1 of 1 Posts