Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 1432 Posts

·
Registered
6,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For those people that don't "understand" The Occupy Movement, who don't think they have a valid point, who feel their ideas are diffuse and vague, when actually they have been incredibly clear about -exactly- why they are there, I don't think it's entirely your fault, I think the Occupy Movement is operating under a different Paradigm then you, it's like trying to introduce Apple code into a PC, it's just not the same language, I suspect Marie Antionette and Lord Grenville (he passed the Stamp Act which lead to the American Revolution) were as equally as puzzled, When one of Lord Grenville's Aides rushed up and told him "Sir!! Sir!! The Americans are revolting!!" I'm sure he answered, "Quite, disgusting creatures what?" "No No Sir, it's an uprising!!! A Rebellion!!!" ....what? Whatever for? Ungrateful wretches!!!! Well here sir, they wrote a Document entitled "The Declaration of Independence" (Glenville glances at it) ...Riiight....long pause.....So what are they trying to say here Higgins? this is vague and diffuse

http://www.dangerousminds.net/comments/first_official_statement_from_the_occupy_wall_street_movement/

The truth of the matter is The Occupy movement is nothing new, this message has been repeatedly passed on to us by people like...Jesus, Gandhi, Buddha, John Lennon, Martin Luther King, even Malcolm X was trying to pass this on to us, although he was pretty pissed off the first few years, Charlie Chaplin tried to warn us 70 odd years ago

When we think there is a "Political Solution" for this, that we can "vote" and "make a difference" it's NO different then an Alcoholic switching from Scotch to Vodka, there CAN be no solution using the very system that got us into this mess in the first place, Since the very corporations that own the media, also fund the Politicians. the only candidates we get are already "vetted" by those self same corporations, or they don't get heard....period...and if they -do- the media wastes -no- time in destroying them using that media they own. I tuned into Fox News and MSNBC the day after the Occupy Camp was raided and they opened the story -with the same language-

I can't convey to you how frightening that was, "well you know...we supported them at first but the camps were taken over by drug users and anarchists"...from both sides of the Political spectrum, when the people who actually -attended- these things said the opposite was true, 80% employment, Military Veterans, working class people, Union people, just regular people

As long as we had Jobs, houses, Cars, etc. we were content to look the other way, as long as "we got ours" it wasn't important what was done in our name, but now they have gone too far, they got too greedy, not for me, I could give a fuck, but they took away everyones toys in vast nationwide swindles, loaned themselves Trillions of Trillions of Dollars by sitting on the Board of The Federal reserve, and when THAT wasn't enough, took a 1.6 Trillion dollar government handout, Welfare (theft) on such a grand scale the world has never see it's like, here's where it get's scary:

When a few "Smelly Hippy's" (read: average Americans that don't follow the Party line) dared stand up and say "Hey!!! Somethings not right here!!!" the systemic sickness of our system was revealed, Video after Video showed high ranking Police Officers systematically commiting atrocities to peaceful citizens, I am not not talking about during riots, I am talking about repeated cold, calculated atrocities, beatings, pepper sprayings on defenceless girls, defenceless college students, people who posed -no- threat whatsoever, I am talking about the repeated beatings and arrests of journalists, even arresting New York Council Members, and the atrocities done to these people was horrible, leaving them in buses to ensure if they had to urinate or defecate they did so publicly, in a bus..anyway the list goes on and on, so why are they doing these things? Why is it Officers, and High ranking Police Officers commiting these crimes?

http://www.alternet.org/occupywallst/153134/caught_on_camera:_10_shockingly_violent_police_assaults_on_occupy_protesters?page=entire

An estimated 26 journalists have been arrested at Occupy Wall Street protests. Brutally handcuffed, thrown onto the ground, pepper sprayed, and threatened to have press credentials taken away – is this the future for freedom of press in the US?

https://rt.com/usa/news/press-occupy-street-wall-885/

Where was our Government during these violations of Civil Rights...supporting the protesters of course, our "inalienable" human rights, our freedom of expression, condemning Police Brutality, demanding the Protesters get heard....in...Egypt...and Syria...while at home Homeland Security was actually coordinating timed closures of these camps and beating and arresting Journalists who failed to leave, even closing down the airspace above the protests so News Helicoptors couldn't film, for the journalists own safety of course

I AM NOT MOVING - Short Film - Occupy Wall Street - YouTube!

Orders.

They were following orders

Two reasons those orders were given, to goad them into a violent response so they can be "put down" like dogs, and to make others afraid to actually try and use their Constitutional Rights, we do these acts of incredible and unspeakable violence to our own people, and to people around the world to make them fear us, to show them that we are "above the law" and if they -fuck- with that, we will make them disappear, we will use psycholgical torture on them so if we -do- let them out they will end up permanently brain damaged, the message here is loud and clear, "do not fuck with us"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=KMM6S0p5hz4#!

So what has happened to Our Police Force in the last ten years?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/bob-ostertag/uc-davis-protest_b_1103039.html

We at the 99% also have a message

Systematically using pain and fear aversion to quell Peoples efforts to utilize their constitutional rights is a much more effective way to keep people from practicing them then taking them away, we walk around saying "we are free, we are protected by the constitution, now whether you agree with the Occupy Protesters or not, whether you even admit it to yourself or not, you have now been shown, we no longer have constitutional rights, not really, ask the private who started the whole "wikileaks" thing, no trial, all he did was the same thing newspapers have been doing for hundreds of years, releasing dirty government secrets, and he is now being held without trial, without bail, being tortured by means that leave permanent brain damage

This country was founded on "The Rule of Law" which means that -no one- is above or outside the law, Ironically enough it was Richard Nixon, who ran for President as the "tough on crime" President because he promised to crack down on Lawbreakers (protesters) being pardoned by Gerald Ford that blew this fallacy up. When George Bush was caught illegally wiretapping American Citizens, using Large Corporations, which is -expressly- forbidden by law, the question asked by Americans wasn't "shouldn't he go to Jail" but "of course we give up civil Liberties for a dubious safety from a foe that we ourselves created, financed and trained how to fight a superpower in Afghanistan, The corporate response when threatened by criminal liability was to apply pressure to congress using Lobbyists to get a law passed that -retroactively- exonerated their lawbreaking...THAT is how America works, If we rob $200 from a bank and get caught 2 years later and say, I'll tell you what, why don't I pay back 5 dollars and we call it quit, that happened in the past and I am looking forward now, I promise to never do it again, that is what has happened when banks have swindled billions and been caught, again, and again, and again, they pay a small fraction of the money they swindled and promise to never do it again until they are caught the next time

Our system has failed, one look at the planet changing, animals disappearing, polar ice caps and mountain tops melting, war, torture, murder, theft of billions without accountability, 50 million Americans living in Poverty level conditions, hundreds of thousands of American jobs outsourced to China where people work 12 hours a day, 7 days a week in inhumane conditions for pennies on the dollar by Large American Corporations, where American Politicians openly lament that "state of America" and "wish it was more like Chine (google-Michelle Bachman) worldwide starvation with trillions being spent on Defense of a country that is overtly hostile to the world, and is the only country in the world that has been indicted for using terrorism as a political tool....all for economic gain

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=BRtc-k6dhgs

So, to sum up, if you don't understand What Occupy Wall street stands for, it's ...outside your Paradigm

I understand why it is people have to attack us, to minimize us, to ridicule us, we shine the light on everything that has gone terribly terribly wrong in our world, and we talk of Love...and people....over profits

We think it's time for something different

Andrew G Owston

·
Cruise Control
52,233 Posts
Welcome to the jumble, baby

Way to step up to the plate. Lots of folks in here live in a different paradigm and won't get the gist of this thread...or much of anything else for that matter

·
Registered
986 Posts
Killing our host? No, no, we will grow our way out of these difficulties. We must have growth, we must have growth, we must . . .

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
What is the solution that you propose, what evidence do you have that this solution will work better than the current system, where is your constitution, and how does defecating in churches help make your point?

·
Registered
6,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
What is the solution that you propose, what evidence do you have that this solution will work better than the current system, where is your constitution, and how does defecating in churches help make your point?
Aaah, I am supposed to trot out the answers to end war, trot out world peace, end hunger, etc ad nauseaum, -and- answer the disingenuous jab at the end intended to absolutely destroy my credibility and leave me cowering and in awe of your rapier like wit, my response to that, it's too fucking ridiculous to even dignify a response, but I do have a question for you, how is shitting in a church worse then shitting on an entire planet and on everyone in it? I personally never heard of nor witnessed anyone defecating in a church, but the sheer vastness of the comparison of shitting on an entire planet and one asshole taking a dump being used to discredit everything I just wrote is Puerile, juvenile and intellectually lazy in the extreme, make some valid points and we can have a valid conversation, I am open to suggestions about solving these problems, as I personally don't have the answers, I am however intelligent enough to see there is a -huge- problem.

sincerely, awaiting your reply

Someone who thinks differently then you do

·
Registered
6,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Um...okay.

Fittingly enough my other vehicle -is- a Jeep, and I have spent more then my fair share of my life in upside down cars, both mine and other peoples as I was a Fireman Paramedic that specialized in rappelling down cliffs to rescue people on California's Windy northern Pacific Coast Highway, so I have to admit your meme effectively crushes me, and the thing is I am laughing and nodding, and saying to myself "Damn Him!!" I have a -new- nemesis, and he just soundly thrashed me, ooof /rubs jaw

Dig 1
Andrew 0

Dig wins by Knockout

*Note: Next time you destroy me with a pic, please have it be a Gif with jiggling breasts, I am particularly and inordinately fond of those

·
Registered
6,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Truthfully, Now I am not saying anyone who disagrees with me is a sociopath, I disagree with people around me frequently, and the truth of the matter is I'm none too bright so I'm frequently wrong, what I wrote was: The truth is those that accept the "Status Quo" as being "good" are dangerously delusional, when not criminally insane, those that feel Capitalism is a success, That America is "free" are quite literally sociopaths, now granted this is a sweeping statement, but I feel I can apply it "liberally" (pun intended) to anyone who believes anything aired on Fox News, 90% of American History taught Classrooms, the list is actually too long to itemize, however, having taken a few liberties with this story already, something I just dashed off the top of my head, I will take one more, I liken our Society and the thinking in it to the scene in (groan) Avatar where the Priestess says to Jake, "Well, we will see if we can cure you of your insanity", Native Americans were by and Large Sane, they made some fairly astute observations of our inherent cultural insanity, something about eating trees after we poison the last creek, I pretty much believe that most tribes, both Native American and Picts, Gauls, Celts, Saxons, etc were by and large sane before being conquered and "turned out" to learn the new greed paradigm assisted by their able new Religion (nothing to do with Jesus distorted to fit Patriarchal domination and conquest of the savages) Christianity, I am not painting them as "Noble Savages" as I think that is equally false, but I am saying they weren't batshit fucking crazy, We are killing our host as fast as we can, we suffer from physical and Spiritual morbid obesity, we are desperately trying to fill our minds and bodies with non nourishing unhealthy things, and it in turn is making our entire fabric of Society sick, our society as a whole is desperately sick, and my premise is if you can't see that, yes, you are "literally a sociopath"

·
Registered
36,850 Posts
Let em summarize: Because some people don't understand the event and it's impetus, the event is like Jesus and Gandhi.

But not like Lenin or Hitler or Pol Pot, which people also didn't understand.

So when something happens that we do not understand, let me quote a loyal member of this forum, "Is that a good thing or a bad thing?"

How are we to know? Does it matter?

·
Forum Administrator , RC Colas® & Moon Pies®
39,177 Posts
Fittingly enough my other vehicle -is- a Jeep, and I have spent more then my fair share of my life in upside down cars, both mine and other peoples as I was a Fireman Paramedic that specialized in rappelling down cliffs to rescue people on California's Windy northern Pacific Coast Highway, so I have to admit your meme effectively crushes me, and the thing is I am laughing and nodding, and saying to myself "Damn Him!!" I have a -new- nemesis, and he just soundly thrashed me, ooof /rubs jaw

Dig 1
Andrew 0

Dig wins by Knockout

*Note: Next time you destroy me with a pic, please have it be a Gif with jiggling breasts, I am particularly and inordinately fond of those
Thanks...I considered a number of responses before choosing that one. It's subtle but I feel it makes my point.

·
Outstanding Contributor Always Remembered RI
52,804 Posts
Could someone tell me, in plain english, what the hell he is jabbering on about? This is more confusing than those idiots protesting about nothing. Who obviously have no answers to correct this nothingness:confused:

·
Registered
6,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks...I considered a number of responses before choosing that one. It's subtle but I feel it makes my point.
Where's the damn "Like" button

Anyhow, it was a "you sank my Battleship" response since it -was- a Jeep, and I have a fairly well documented history of rolling cars when I was young, I actually had to get a special dispensation to practice medicine when I became a Fireman Paramedic for The Federal Government, I had dotted my "I's" and crossed my T's and we get to the end, and she says "Ok, well that about wraps it up, umm, oh yeah, can I see your driving record?" which is supposed to about 8" by 6" or so, mine was this....accordion that accidently fell open as I handed it to her actually reaching the floor, it was about a dozen 8x11 pages long, and this poor woman started cursing and sputtering and asking me if I was out of my fucking mind wanting to drive an Ambulance and Fire truck, luckily I had foreseen the possibility of this small detail being a problem and I had prepared ahead of time with about 30 letters from some pretty serious and powerful people, Judges, Senators, Fire Chiefs, a number of fairly important people in the Federal Govt where I was going to work detailing my youth as ...umm...well...I was a high spirited lad, and promising I had turned over a new leaf (and promised to stop turning over cars at high speeds with all those people with lights on their cars chasing me, which had happened often enough to be considered a pattern) so I got the only special dispensation to practice medicine in California's history up to that point, conditional upon not breaking the law for a year, and I honored that by giving back to my community, doing studies on Highway one which resulted in guard rails being installed on dangerous corners, and volunteered in my firefighter and medical capacity, literally saving hundreds and hundreds of lives for free, as well as training dozens and dozens of young men and women (teenagers/Junior Lifeguards) who are now getting long in the tooth as Chiefs and Lieutenants in various Fire Departments themselves now

It was a fair trade for all concerned, but a more telling "hit" then you could have known

·
52,804 Posts
Is it fair to say you have taken more than your share of bangs on the head?:D

·
Registered
6,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Is it fair to say you have taken more than your share of bangs on the head?:D
Really? That's all you got?

You disappoint me Sir, and I do respectfully submit, I tried to dumb this down as much as possible, I really don't know if I can make this any simpler

Attachments

·
52,804 Posts

You disappoint me Sir, and I do respectfully submit, I tried to dumb this down as much as possible, I really don't know if I can make this any simpler
Yes that should work, even Q would understand that, but Shane well ya know:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
OWS-Doomed to Fail, America will lose Cold War II

In teh 60s and 70s, I watched older classmates "get the news", fathers and brothers killed in Vietnam.

Millions of Americans protested and the war raged on. Other than the protestors, nobody in America gave a shit.

State Security is not about freedom, not about the Constitution, it's about financial interests. Watch the death of a beautiful Iranian woman, is this the world you want to create? It can't be argued that when Iran kills someone they're evil, when America kills someone it's moral. Murder.

As Australia accepts the American sucker bet to closer military ties to the States, China is winning Cold War II. If Australia wants military security, they'd buy some Chinese hardware.

The collapse of the Soviet Union was economic, as was the South losing the War Between the States, as was Axis defeat in WWII, whoever has the economic power to wage war longer wins, shots need not be fired, ex. The Soviet Union. Soon to be repeated again in Afghanistan.

Is this the world we want to create?

Are you so comfortable in your life that you don't care?

Attachments

·
Surely A Large Human
35,725 Posts

You have to ignore Eric...he's a fucking imb--well, you'll figure it out for yourself soon enough.

1 - 20 of 1432 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.