Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
SLK350
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One thing Obsidian and I noticed when we got together on the weekend was that my car has the auto transmission button marked S,M,and C. His only has S and C. The apparent difference is that my car has the steering wheel shift buttons.

It appears for Aussie build cars, if you want to drive the car in the manual mode, you need to specify the steering wheel shift buttons, even though the manual seems to indicate you can still shift in "M" mode using the normal gear selector.

Can anyone else confirm this to be the case?

As a side note, Obsidian had not had much luck burning MP3s onto CDs, but the DVD I had burned worked fine in his car. I went home and tried a couple of MP3 CDs I had and a few of them also had troubles being read by my car. None of the DVDs I have burned have any issues. The DVD blanks I use are Princo printable, burned on a Liteon burner with Nero software.

·
Registered
SLK 350 , S 500 L, C 200
109 Posts
you are correct - buttons = M - mode

no buttons you can still shift with the gear lever - towards and away from you.

·
Registered
SLK 55 or order
61 Posts
i am pretty sure that you can only select the "manual" mode in the AMG car... even though you can still select the gears with the steering buttons.

·
Registered
SLK350
365 Posts
Mine is like Obsidian's. Manual done with the lever itself. Don't think this is unique to Aus cars at all.

Surprised you struggled with CD-Rs with mp3s. Mine works every time.

Enjoy those wheels.

cheers
roadsta

·
Registered
W203 modified
2,032 Posts
BlackSLK - 2/13/2005 10:07 PM

As a side note, Obsidian had not had much luck burning MP3s onto CDs, but the DVD I had burned worked fine in his car. I went home and tried a couple of MP3 CDs I had and a few of them also had troubles being read by my car. None of the DVDs I have burned have any issues. The DVD blanks I use are Princo printable, burned on a Liteon burner with Nero software.
Have you tried using iTunes to burn your MP3 CD's ? Could also be the media.

·
Registered
SLK350
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have found the burned CDs are media dependant. The stamped CDs are usually OK. I suspect the DVD drive in the car is like those in Xboxs etc where the laser is meant for DVD, and is ok for stamped CDs, but CD-R and CD-RW tend to have a lower reflectivity and don't always work.

I'm going to stick to DVD-R. They are about the same price as CD-R, seem to work without a hitch, and hold 8 times as much.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts