Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
That Actros is amazing. 6x6 would put it over the top but that is probably very expensive option.

He needs a winch though. Going in the back country with a big truck like that needs a means of self recovery. Personally I think any 4x4 needs that however. Even an ATV.

·
Unimog Moderator
250GD Wolf
13,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just think, that awning on the acto's is what? 1/2 way up the box? if that. And the guy standing under it isn't close to hitting his head, so how freaking tall is that thing?!?!

·
Registered
U1450L DOKA
9,589 Posts
The awning on the Zetros, I think you mean.
Also, the Actros might have a winch - that wad of unknown on the front bumper might
Be a vinyl cover for the cable/ fair lead emerging from a winch mounted aft somewhere,
Which is common. Hard to say from the photo.

·
Registered
U1450L DOKA
9,589 Posts
Since the door on The Zetros is actually a reassigned Unimog Door, you could scale the overall
Height of the rig by measuring your door and "stacking" them next to the camper box from
The ground up.
I am still waiting to see somebody ( in Germany, probably) transplant the Zetros cab on
A U5000, with the stretched cab and the curved windshield of the Zetros, married to the standard UHN hood/ nose. It has been done in photo shop, but I have not seen it in real life.
It is probably a bit too wide, and would need some sectioning.

In looking into the future a little, I expect to see projector lights on the UHN in the the next
Year or two.....and if I was king of the world, I'd get the factory geared up to make a
Zetros Cab ( which at least gives a nod and a glance to the theory of aerodynamics) that
Replaces the current and much-loved box of the current UNIMOGS .
I have been away from it all - Camping and canoeing in the four letter word truck.....starts with an F.

·
Unimog Moderator
250GD Wolf
13,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
More pictures

Love that Gwagon

Attachments

·
Unimog Moderator
250GD Wolf
13,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Adding more

There are more pictures of that stretched Toyota cab expo truck out there, really nice build

Attachments

·
Unimog Moderator
250GD Wolf
13,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
no more big iron (mogs, man's, zetros) but quite the event by the looks of things. Always neat to see how they do things elsewhere.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts