Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
'99 E55
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to do some changes to my stock stereo. Can anyone tell me where the stock amplifier is for my '99 E55?

Don't want to start pulling seats/panels to find the damn thing. Any help would be appreciated.

Anyone have luck changing the stock system? I just want to be able to add my 15GB IPOD into the system to hear my gobs-O-tunes. Nice to hit shuffle on 3800 songs:)

·
Registered
43 Posts
WIth BOSE, it is located on the left side, in the trunk, behind the trim. it is fastened with 2 nuts.
unplug the connector, unscrew 2 nuts and you have it
out. trunk trim is kept on plastic clips all around.

Looking to do some changes to my stock stereo. Can anyone tell me where the stock amplifier is for my '99 E55?

Don't want to start pulling seats/panels to find the damn thing. Any help would be appreciated.

Anyone have luck changing the stock system? I just want to be able to add my 15GB IPOD into the system to hear my gobs-O-tunes. Nice to hit shuffle on 3800 songs:)

·
Registered
SLK320, MKV Jetta TDI, Mini Cooper S, Lincoln Mark LT
1,712 Posts
Check in the trunk on the drivers side next to the trunk hinge. You have to remove the mol...

Check in the trunk on the drivers side next to the trunk hinge. You have to remove the molded carpet trim on that side where your CD changer goes.

·
Registered
43 Posts
WIth BOSE, it is located on the left side, in the trunk, behind the trim. it is fastened with 2 nuts.
unplug the connector, unscrew 2 nuts and you have it
out. trunk trim is kept on plastic clips all around.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts