Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
240D
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
did AMG make anything at all for the W123 series...styling or otherwise? i've seen stuff for the SEL's of the 80's but what about ours? thanks for any info.

·
Always Remembered RIP
520 Posts
I've had these photos for a while. Don't know if it's a genuine AMG or not....

I've had these photos for a while. Don't know if it's a genuine AMG or not.

·
Registered
Mercedes-Benz 300CD
2 Posts
Its a shame that they didnt give us our respect, Because the fact is that when our cars ca...

Its a shame that they didnt give us our respect, Because the fact is that when our cars came out, 75%(i got this off a site somewhere) of the cars MB put out were diesel-powered.

I would not mind having something official to put on my car but since AMG neglected the w123 i guess i just have to shell out the extra cash that custom work is going to cost.

I have a 300CD coupe and am considering how i could give it a little more spunk in the performance department. Ive found that there is not much i can do with this motor to increase its performance other than putting a K&N filter or a cold air intake. I also think there are places where i can order performance camshafts designed and built for specific cars. I was told they cost between 3-500$ which doesnt sound bad considering that it is custom work afterall.

One other thing that i thought would be a good idea was to do an engine swap. Why not get one of the 6 cylinder gas engines that they got in the 280E and pop it in there? They put out 180 hp stock. With a little intake and exhaust work it should put out like 200-210(if its in decent condition when i get it). If I lighten it down and figure something out to stiffen the suspension it should do 0-60 in 7 seconds or better (to the best i can recon).

Something tells me that we cant fit one of the 8-cylinder motors that they put in SEC's into a 123 compartment without some major modifications, in which case you may as well throw everything including the kitchen sink into the car.

·
Registered
Mercedes-Benz 300CD
2 Posts
one thing that I was researching a little while ago was BioDiesel Fuel. I was told that ...

one thing that I was researching a little while ago was BioDiesel Fuel. I was told that it improves the power of an automobile too. something crazy about it is that it can be homemade. The link to the website where i got this information is below.

http://journeytoforever.org/biodiesel_vehicle.html

·
Registered
240D
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
im rele excited for biodiesel. have u tried it yet? seems like it would be much cheape...

im rele excited for biodiesel. have u tried it yet? seems like it would be much cheaper if made at home...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.