Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
since i first bought my 97 SL500 with 16" wheels, i have always wanted to buy a new set of 18" amg wheels, and after a long time i have only found the
2 rear wheels ( 18x10" ET25 ).

I tried to look for them in tirerack but they didnt have them so, anybody can help me find the 2 front wheels ( 18x8.5" ET25 ) ?:help:
(these are my wheels in the picture).

Attachments

·
Registered
4,527 Posts
Hi handballman88 honestly you should just keep on trying on ebay since they often pop up there being aware that most of them are replicas so to avoid having 2 real AMGs (the ones you already have) and two replicas that doesn't have the AMG sign on them.

Cheers.

·
Registered
4,131 Posts
I have those 2-piece'rs on my car and love 'em...

Like someone else said, Ebay is your best bet. Be patient and you will eventually find the other two.

My other advice would be to stay away from the used parts wholesalers when you're looking for rims...that's a baaaaaaad idea. It's virtually impossible for a vehicle to get in an accident bad enough to total it and still have none of the rims damaged, so you're really gambling there.

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
I think they have those on www perfomanceproducts com website. They are costly though (like $1,000+ apiece!).

·
Premium Member
10,980 Posts
Now I just saw these style AMG's at chrome wheels, custom rims, car wheels. I called them and heres what I got out of it. The guy told me that he knows Mercedes Benz very well and that the AMG 220 style wheels would not fit on an SL. I tried to argue with him because I have seen many photos on the 129 forum with SL series with these wheels. He told he could make it fit by putting custom spacers on the wheels, and the AMG's that would fit without spacers on the SL are the AMG Mono II, or the 129/170 styles. Any input out there????

Thanks,
Ken

·
Premium Member
10,980 Posts
since i first bought my 97 SL500 with 16" wheels, i have always wanted to buy a new set of 18" amg wheels, and after a long time i have only found the
2 rear wheels ( 18x10" ET25 ).

I tried to look for them in tirerack but they didnt have them so, anybody can help me find the 2 front wheels ( 18x8.5" ET25 ) ?:help:
(these are my wheels in the picture).
Sorry my mistake on the last post...... I mistaken for similar wheels but they are one piece instead of the multi-piece in your photos. OK the good news...... Iv'e been doing some research for a while now and finally found the AMGs exactly like the ones in your photos. They are sold at Wheels, Tires, Custom Rims and more phone# 562-630-5848. They are listed as "AMG SL 1" I called them and was quoted $575.00 per wheel for the front. $599.00 per wheel for the rears. Add $200 per wheel for chome finish. The guy contacted AMG directly while I was on hold and they said these do fit the 129 SL.

Ken

·
Administrator
8,707 Posts
Now I just saw these style AMG's at chrome wheels, custom rims, car wheels. I called them and heres what I got out of it. The guy told me that he knows Mercedes Benz very well and that the AMG 220 style wheels would not fit on an SL. I tried to argue with him because I have seen many photos on the 129 forum with SL series with these wheels. He told he could make it fit by putting custom spacers on the wheels, and the AMG's that would fit without spacers on the SL are the AMG Mono II, or the 129/170 styles. Any input out there????

Thanks,
Ken
As long as the bolt pattern is correct you can adjust the ET (offset) with wheel spacers*. If you go down this route only buy and use high quality wheel spacers such as H&R.

* Make sure that wheel spacers are accepted by your vehicle inspection authority and more importantly by your insurance company.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts