Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check this out! Is it new? I can't tell. This wheel had been damaged in an unfortunate incident with a 4x4 post on I-59 North of B'ham. I took it to SAAB automotive in Birmingham (Richard, 205-323-1051) who sent it out to Keystone for rebuild. $155 later, I have a new AMG wheel! Beats the $1k+ I was goin' to spend on new wheels of $550 for just one AMG rim. I've had wheel rebuilt for less but they never looked this good...it is as new. Thanks Richard.

DSC00498.JPG

·
Registered
791 Posts
Looks good mate.

Put it against one of your other wheels to see how they match up. If they all look the same... congratulations!

I recently bought 19's for mine and had the miss-fortune of grazing one lightly against a curb. It's not deep at all but noticable nonetheless!

I enquired about getting it refurbished but soon came to realise that it was never going to look like the others. My rims have a machine polished outer face which is, unless I'm mistaken, damn near impossible to re-create.

Had no choice to buy another wheel and use the grazed one as a spare. Will be swapping it this weekend.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks good mate.

Put it against one of your other wheels to see how they match up. If they all look the same... congratulations!

I recently bought 19's for mine and had the miss-fortune of grazing one lightly against a curb. It's not deep at all but noticable nonetheless!

I enquired about getting it refurbished but soon came to realise that it was never going to look like the others. My rims have a machine polished outer face which is, unless I'm mistaken, damn near impossible to re-create.

Had no choice to buy another wheel and use the grazed one as a spare. Will be swapping it this weekend.
Really, you can not tell the difference. It is as new. Too bad you can't use these guys, shipping would be a bitch. LOL

·
Registered
653 Posts
Looks good mate.

Rashman: machined lips can be repaired...I've had it done several times. They essentially use a lathe that runs around the edge and gives it back the factory machined look. Pretty amazing results. Runs about $125 USD.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Rashman: machined lips can be repaired...I've had it done several times. They essentially use a lathe that runs around the edge and gives it back the factory machined look. Pretty amazing results. Runs about $125 USD.
Thanks for the heads up mate.

I'll make some enquiries to see if there is anybody local to me that can do the work properly.

Sometimes I wish I lived in the States.... you guys seem to have all the resources you need at arms length!

Can't get shit done around these parts sometimes!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts