Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've looking for good used 500SL and found some of them came with either AMG or Lorinser wheels. If everything being equal, which one is more desirable?<br> <br> How much would you pay extra for these wheels plus AMG or Lorinser exhaust?<br> <br> Thanks!<br> Robert

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Myself, I like amg better, but lorinser is more exclusive. Amg tips look better. Lorinser cars might have been modified, check it out. Price depends mostly on the years of the car+and the age of the kit itself.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I looked at a 92 500SL over the weekend. It's got 18' Lorinser wheels, exhaust, & rear spoiler. Would modification lower its value? <br> <br> Color is dark green. Good condition. 75k miles. Seller changed distributor cap & had it tuned up 3 months ago. That cost him $3k. SRS air bag system has not been replaced though the sticker on door side says the system should be replaced in 12/2001.<br> <br> The seller is asking $25k. It seems ok for CA car. Just not sure if modication would lower its value. Please advice.<br> <br> Thanks!<br> Robert<br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
depend, color can lower the price, a rare and difficult to find color that's not for everybody, sold in small numbers cand devaluate a car. Depends on the region..I don't know about california, but in quebec, everybody goes for the black, blue, silver and gold ones, white,red, burgundy, topaz are hard to sell. A kit usually adds value to a car, unless it's very particular.<br>
About the air bag, why don't you have the vin# check at mercedes, might help you out on milage and service done on the car, somethime, it's suprising what you find this way. Let us know.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Already checked with local MB using VIN. No problem. They told me to ignore the sticker on the door side and have the system when the air bag warning light come out. <br> <br> Yes, the color is not particularly attractive, though it's quite unique and exclusive. People are going for black and silver here too. I guess I'll keep on searching for a good one in silver or black. Just found a silver 95 SL600 this morning. But mileage is high (90k miles)... will check it out this weekend.<br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sure, check it out. Mileage isn't that high for a mercedes v-12..Actually, you might want to pick the green one and deal it down because of the color. If you like it, no problem. Green is a triky color.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good idea. That kind of green is not really bad. Kind of like British racing green for Jaguar. I'll take it if the seller lowers his price from $25k down to $23k. <br> <br> The SL600 is smoked silver and comes with 3 month or 3000 miles warranty. Asking price $29999. I'll test drive it this weekend.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice green, is the smoke silver 600 two tone colored (you know lower body dark gray, etc..).Let me know your impression of the 600

1 - 8 of 8 Posts