Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
This is the AMG Sportspackage according to AUTO-MOTOR-UND-SPORT magazine in Germany.

For those of you who understand German they wrote the following:

Für die Seitenansicht bietet Mercedes ergänzend 19 Zoll große AMG-Leichtmetallräder im Fünfspeichen-Look an. 255/50er Breitreifen sollen die in Silber lackierte Felge schmücken. Ab März 2005 steht das AMG-Stylingpaket für die M-Klasse zu 3.365 Euro in der Preisliste, die Leichtmetallräder sind für 2.320 Euro (V6-Modelle) beziehungsweise 1.566 Euro für den ML 500 zu haben.
Your text hereYour text here

They claim it will be available from March 2005 for 4.415 USD for optic and wheels (but it does not say anything about interior upgrades), but for that price it probably is like in the E- and C-class i Europe.[:)][:)][:)]

·
Registered
2020 MB GLE 450 4MATIC, 2015 BMW M4
2,140 Posts
bayles999 - 2/16/2005 1:30 PM

Can't be the ML 63 beacuse it says ML 350 on the back, but maybe it is the AMG or Sport Package.
Thanks, I think you're right. "AMG Sport Package" is the package description. I have been waiting for something more definitive on this package before I plunk down my US$4,500.

I note the following differences:

Front--
- Valance undertray revised
- No black on lower edge
- Rectangular air inlets
- Round fog lights
- "Bumper guards" are a little different, but actually look okay
- Front bumper cover tapered in at ends; looks more agressive

Side--
- Wheels somewhat ho-hum; I liek previously posted ones better

Rear--
- Rear valance revised
- No black on bottom
- Looks like trailer hitch will mess up either

All in all, okay and different, but not Wow. I hope the interior gets enough differences to warrant the price.

·
Registered
Mercedes "M32"
961 Posts
That looks GREAT. I love it ... [:p]

·
Registered
2020 MB GLE 450 4MATIC, 2015 BMW M4
2,140 Posts
RE: AMG / Sport Package wheels/tires

Another thing--I'm really dissapointed the tires are so whimpy--255s on the AMG package, even! That's the same width as my stock '98 and smaller in diameter, not to mention the 285/50s I have on it now. And the truck is a bit larger and no lighter than the W163. I hope there's plenty of fender room, 'cause I'll be slapping on some 10" wide Lorinsers if I can!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts