Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Mercedes
9,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone out there that might be lookin' for an original AMG cluster, here's one on ebay.de

Looks nice, I have no interest/nor do I know the seller.. so ask the seller questions if you have any.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7970273209

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Wish they were in black, always seems to be the white. I'd like to find a black in mph

·
Mercedes
9,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
MRTIKKET - 4/29/2005 8:40 PM

Wish they were in black, always seems to be the white. I'd like to find a black in mph
I've got one of those... but impossible to find another.

·
Registered
500 SEC AMG, 560 SEL, 500 SL 6.0 AMG R129, CL 55 AMG Kompressor, 300 E W124, E 220 CDI W210, CL 500
781 Posts
i have a black AMG speedometer (320 km/h) and it's difficult to found one AMG speedometer in KM/H but it's more difficult to found it in MPH ! I think if you want an AMG speedometer you buy an AMG KM/H speedometer and you can change the plate with a plate with MPH it's simple because you just convert the KM/h in the MPH , because the AMG speedo was conform to the great speed and the speedo dont know if the plate was in KM/H or not ! [:D]

·
Registered
500 SEC AMG, 560 SEL, 500 SL 6.0 AMG R129, CL 55 AMG Kompressor, 300 E W124, E 220 CDI W210, CL 500
781 Posts
you just copy this view and you photoshoped it and you printed it and you make sticker or printed on new plate to make the speedo in MPH

·
Mercedes
9,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The MPH speedo I have shows both MPH and KMH. Its got MPH in white, KMH in red on a black background. I never saw the MPH posted above.. can't say that I like it though.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
First, I WOULD never PUT SOME PRINTED PAPER OR STICKER ON MY SPEEDO. I'd rather do without. The AMG wording at the top of the speedo looks fake. In over 30 yrs. of looking at AMG stuff, I've never seen the words AMG on top. My new wide body has the black AMG cluster, but not in mph.

·
AMG Forums Moderator
SLK55 (2006) C36 (1995)
3,288 Posts
MRTIKKET - 4/30/2005 6:52 PM

The AMG wording at the top of the speedo looks fake. In over 30 yrs. of looking at AMG stuff,
LOL

·
Mercedes
9,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Over 30 years experience, huh? lol

·
Mercedes
9,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The high bidder paid around $400 for the white KMH cluster, which I thought is more than what it would bring. I wonder what a
cluster would bring if sold in the US.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I've passed up white klm AMG clusters for under $150. He way overpaid. The market for your MPH cluster, if it was a full cluster would be in the $300 range. Lots of people would want it, but few would actually shell it out.

·
Mercedes
9,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
MRTIKKET - 5/1/2005 4:25 PM

I've passed up white klm AMG clusters for under $150. He way overpaid. The market for your MPH cluster, if it was a full cluster would be in the $300 range. Lots of people would want it, but few would actually shell it out.
Have you seen it sell for $300 before? I never saw it for sale anywhere before.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Yes, Barry Taylor had the entire parts inventory from AMG West when they ended. I just wasn't in the market. I know of more than a half dozen available, just trying to pry them loose without spending alot. There is a complete black cluster on German Ebay but its klm.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts