Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1990 560SEC Euro
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Still hoping to find an AMG rear spoiler like the one shown in the attached photos. Anybody out there have a dusty one lying around in the garage? Thanks in advance! Please let me know.

Attachments

·
Mercedes
9,049 Posts
Rear apron spoiler or rear trunk spoiler? I think Jonathan on this forum has a trunk spoiler like the one pictured... but a different apron spoiler.

Good luck

·
Mercedes
9,049 Posts

·
Registered
1990 560SEC Euro
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
RE: "Rear apron spoiler or rear trunk spoiler? I think Jonathan on this forum has a trunk spoiler like the one pictured... but a different apron spoiler."

It's the trunk lid spoiler I'm looking for. Looks Like Jonathan will be fixing me up with the spoiler, along with some other much-needed parts. Thanks to everybody for providing leads!

·
Mercedes
9,049 Posts
Jim Rothrock said:
RE: "Rear apron spoiler or rear trunk spoiler? I think Jonathan on this forum has a trunk spoiler like the one pictured... but a different apron spoiler."

It's the trunk lid spoiler I'm looking for. Looks Like Jonathan will be fixing me up with the spoiler, along with some other much-needed parts. Thanks to everybody for providing leads!

Happy to hear you've got what you wanted...

I noticed you got a Euro 560SEL... can you post pictures? Very rare to see this model and year in the US.

·
Registered
1990 560SEC Euro
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm happy to post pictures! The 560SEL is The Real Deal: WDB126039....VIN, imported from Japan, 79,000 miles, EPA/DOT certified. Euro higher-compression engine, "wye"-type Euro manifolds, first gear start, etc.

I bought it from a Japanese national who imported it from Japan, while he was here on a work visa. Seems it was originally owned by his friend, a Japanese executive who put a grand total of 65,000 miles on the car. He told me left-hand drive cars are a status symbol in Japan. The registered importer charged about $6,000.00 for the conversions, which took 1 year to complete, and made a mess out of the AC and electrical systems in the process. I bought the car for $6,500.00 and have spent about $1,000.00 with my mechanic, sorting out AC and electrical gremlins.

The car came fitted with 80s-vintage old-style AMG 5-spoke 16" wheels. I moved the wheels onto my 500SEC Euro, and replaced them on the SEL with Lorinser RS-90s and 245/45-17 tires which appear much more appropriate to the car.

One strange thing about the car: while it has very little sun damage, all the burlwood is milky-colored. I suspect the previous owner lavished some type of wood or upholstery dressing on the wood which permeated the hard finish and left it all milky.

It's fast and smooth, and with a little more work, should be just right.

Attachments

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 500SEC
110 Posts
Beautiful car there Jim =) making me envious!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts