Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that I have a set of 16" x 8" Pentas and a set of 15" x 7" Pentas, I don't know which set to put on the 450SL when I get it back from the body shop.

Anyone have any opinions, or know if one would handle better than the other?

Thanks

Foto

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Now that I have a set of 16" x 8" Pentas and a set of 15" x 7" Pentas, I don't know which set to put on the 450SL when I get it back from the body shop.

Thanks

Foto

So you got them from SA yesterday?

Wanna sell me those 15" (I am sure you will use 16")?

·
Registered
5,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So you got them from SA yesterday?

Wanna sell me those 15" (I am sure you will use 16")?
Hey Djenka,

Yep, thems the ones.

I'm surprised they went so cheap! (about USD$215) Did you bid?

I don't know if theye are original and right offset yet, but I've seen enough real ones and fake ones to know they look like the real deal, and the offset looks right (just going by the deepness of the dish).

I'm going to hang onto the 15" for now as well, and get them restored and re-shod with Continental ContiPremiumContact 2's because I'm still looking for a good SLC to replace the black one with.

So, where are you when you're in Aust. anyway?

Foto

·
Premium Member
9,694 Posts

Thanks

Foto
I have a very good opinion. Use the 7's of course. Then just send me those 8s to get them out of your way.:D

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
No, i did not bet and lucky you... I was ready to bid well over AUD500... but being that I am now in the middle of my migration I could not make a payment until I come to MEL on 27th Dec.

I do not think it is genuine Penta's but seem to be well made and that's all I care.
If you change your mind and want to part from one set you have, you can always find me here...

There are only two types (possibly 3) of rims that I intend to get to par with my bundtcakes. Pentas and those baido had + later ones that he installed - in 16".
14" are difficult to find in 205/70-14 lately... have to move upwards

·
Registered
5,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No, i did not bet and lucky you... I was ready to bid well over AUD500... but being that I am now in the middle of my migration I could not make a payment until I come to MEL on 27th Dec.

I do not think it is genuine Penta's but seem to be well made and that's all I care.
If you change your mind and want to part from one set you have, you can always find me here...

There are only two types (possibly 3) of rims that I intend to get to par with my bundtcakes. Pentas and those baido had + later ones that he installed - in 16".
14" are difficult to find in 205/70-14 lately... have to move upwards
Yeah, they may not be the real deal, but they also don't look like the dodgy CSA replicas you get, who else made replicas? I guess I'll find out soon enough. The car is in getting a respray at the moment, so I'll have them shipped direct to the body shop and get them bead blasted and resprayed before they get slapped on.

Now I just have to find a set of the black AMG centre caps. I have the part number, but dealers don't seem to be able to find them.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I looked at those. They had 'ROC' stamped on the back according to the owner. So non genuine, but looked in OK nick. I just couldn't justify the freight cost to QLD. Oh well the search continues...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts