Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1985 300SD
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a set of staggered AMG / Oz 3 piece wheels for my w126.

Who would you trust to refinish your wheels for you? Other than yourself.

Where do you buy the special sockets?

Where do you buy the hardware; bolts, nuts?

I would like to ship my wheels to a shop in California.

I know this subject has been beaten to death but my searching skills are turning up nothing. Who do you trust nowadays?

Thanks in advance.:)

·
Premium Member
1990 SEC
4,194 Posts
I had mine originally refurbished at this place:
Wheel Collision Center Bath PA- Excellence in Refinished/Used Factory OEM Aluminum Alloy Wheel Rim Sales & Alloy Wheel Rim Straightening Repair Refinishing & Recycling! - www.oemfactoryrimwheel.com Excellence in Refinished/Used Factory OEM Aluminum A

It's in Pennsylvania, a bit north of Philadelphia so it might not be that convenient for someone on the West Coast.

The hardware pops up on eBay with some regularity. They're 10-point sockets in 8 mm (bolts) and 10 mm (nuts).

I've sourced nuts and bolts from Germany, but they're not the same quality as the original OZ hardware (OZ stamped on the bolt heads).

Here is one eBay source:
120 Felgenschrauben M7x32 verchromt 3tlg OZ BBS Schmidt | eBay

·
Premium Member
Tribute 500SEC AMG Widebody
6,240 Posts
This is the company to use in the Los Angeles area:

Tru Wheel - Mike
12547 Sherman Wy
Ste D
North Hollywood, CA 91605
Neighborhood: North Hollywood
(818) 765-5577

Mention our little network of MB/AMG enthusiasts and you'll be glad you did!

Btw, if you do send your wheels to Tru Wheels, drop me a PM and I'll drop off the oz sockets.

Here are a few samples of their work:

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w126-s-se-sec-sel-sd/1448314-restored-wheels-14.html#post5345627

Re FF, I'd shy away from them. Lost my full set of tires and they didn't feel it necessary to compensate.
here: http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w126-s-se-sec-sel-sd/1448314-restored-wheels-10.html#post4034724

"The only downside to all this was that the center cap was lost somewhere during the chrome stripping and painting process."

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w126-s-se-sec-sel-sd/1663272-whos-black-sec-irvine-cars-coffee-3.html#post5344265

·
Registered
1985 500sel and 500sec 2012 E63 1989 Porsche 911
5,342 Posts
rotiform is good, esp for vw audi stuff but they will do vintage refurbs

u can call hre also,

when iwas in florida i found a place in hialeah, miami area, did a fantastic work, closer than sending to cali

·
Registered
1985 300SD
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks to all who responded. Especially 48hp. I would have been pissed if that happened to me. Especially living in New Orleans and not being able to "just show up".
I wanted the wheels done in Cali cause my 300sd is there and I should be back home (Cali) shortly.
This is what I love about forums.
I will try tru wheel Mike.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts