Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
05' G55K GE
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone heard anything about a new limited edition G55K? A dealer mentioned something about it today, but it sounds a bit off? He said that they received a MBUSA memo stating that there will be a limited number of AMG G55K's with a updated interior and other AMG extras. Can anyone confirm?

·
Registered
TJs, FJ40s, JGCs, G500
2,343 Posts
since it is the last year of production, there will likely be a special edition - like the limited anniversary editions of years past.

Harald

·
Registered
'15 G63; '10 G55K - Sold; '05 G55K - Stolen; '87 560SL - Sold
479 Posts
That makes 100% sense to me.

My dealer told me they are not taking deposits on G55K's any more, and have had to return deposits to some customers .... Therefore, if it sold so well, then continue it another year as they work on developing the new G in Alabama.

The problem is that the current G's Nav is still CD based, and MBUSA gave up on CD's last year .... so you have to upgrade the Nav system to DVD .... so why not call it a "Limited Edition" so you can charge more for what you have to do anyway. Make a negative a positive, and charge for it ... Marketing 101 [8D]

·
Registered
G400CDI,G320,G500
82 Posts
I heard that there will be a limmited edition of only 250 numbers.............so order while you can[:0]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts