Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
Tribute 500SEC AMG Widebody
6,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As many are aware, AMG offered custom carpet inlayed AMG logo floor mats back in the day. These were once available to customers worldwide. The North America market also had an alternative, produced by a high carpet "designer." Both versions were produced to match the customers interior color with a contrasting AMG logos.

Keith Collins, located here in southern California, retained the templets used during the 80's. These are a very high end product but with a price tag of $675 a pair.

An alternative is now available. Together with In Stitches, we have now reproduced the "global" version. Equally as well crafted but without the "artisan" aspect and price tag.

These are great replacement floor mats for AMG owners and a nice finishing touch to any AMG build.

Currently available for the W126 front only. All color combinations are available. The company does not use OE carpet and if you require something specific, please send in a sample.

Contact Vorei at In Stitches if interested.

In Stitches
1991 Industrial Blvd
Lake Havasu City, AZ 86403
(928) 854-3627

$325 + shipping.

Great to have another pre-merger AMG available again. :thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Always Remembered RIP
1991 560SEC AMG
10,146 Posts
They look good! Wonderful provenance and a reasonable price, though floormats have a job: to save the carpets underneath rhem, and so after a while, hey might not look so nice after Georgia red clay, horse crap, mud, discarded chewing gum, grease or wet white paint get tracked onto them. though good cleanings can take care of some of that.

But if you have a non-judged show car, AMG clone or a home built AMG tribute car, they are ok to toss in there for display, and would look very great.

Presumably the undersides of these will not move and bunch up on the accellerator pedal and remain firmly in place and the bottom would not disintegrate over the years to allow this.

·
Premium Member
Daily: 2000 Kleemann Supercharged CLK 430. Seductress: 1988 Jap AMG SEC Widebody
1,199 Posts
^
Dang it Cooter! Dont'cha know theese is AY EMM GEEs, get yer gum chewin grease monkey ass outa' my caaarrr

·
Mercedes
9,043 Posts
They look good! Wonderful provenance and a reasonable price, though floormats have a job: to save the carpets underneath rhem, and so after a while, hey might not look so nice after Georgia red clay, horse crap, mud, discarded chewing gum, grease or wet white paint get tracked onto them. though good cleanings can take care of some of that.

But if you have a non-judged show car, AMG clone or a home built AMG tribute car, they are ok to toss in there for display, and would look very great.

Presumably the undersides of these will not move and bunch up on the accellerator pedal and remain firmly in place and the bottom would not disintegrate over the years to allow this.
Thank you for your information you've already posted not once before. Perhaps you'd have gotten your message across better if you were to post several pictures of your car from all angles?

I believe anyone who were to buy these would be doing so for show. New dealer mats can be had for cheaper if your main concern is to keep your carpets clean. 48hp was able to find a cheaper solution for the very pricey KC mats for those who were looking for "show" mats. Another thanks for his efforts in trying to replicate a pre-merger item is in order:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
Tribute 500SEC AMG Widebody
6,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cool, I'll let them know to expect your call.

·
Registered
'84 500 SEC Euro 040 black Lorinser 2005 sl500
2,516 Posts
Okay 48hp, now what the hell are you going to do with your horse that you keep in your garage...I guess you need to get rid of it since all that horse poop in your car makes your mats look not so nice. And for God's sake, make the horse spit out that gum before he gets in the wide body!

·
Premium Member
Daily: 2000 Kleemann Supercharged CLK 430. Seductress: 1988 Jap AMG SEC Widebody
1,199 Posts
Okay 48hp, now what the hell are you going to do with your horse that you keep in your garage...I guess you need to get rid of it since all that horse poop in your car makes your mats look not so nice. And for God's sake, make the horse spit out that gum before he gets in the wide body!
It's a reindeer man, get your $h1t (literally) straight!

·
Outstanding Contributor
1990 500SL, 1986 500SEC
1,798 Posts
Henric, those mats are gorgeous! I thought the WB had it all, but then the custom stitched door panels and now these :cool:

Question, are you going to ascend into heaven admist ray of sunshine seated in a Mercedes-Benz W126 AMG Widebody coupe once every piece of AMG'ness has returned from the automobile purgatory known as NLA??

Just sayin'

·
Registered
'84 500 SEC Euro 040 black Lorinser 2005 sl500
2,516 Posts
It's a reindeer man, get your $h1t (literally) straight!
Sometimes us city boys get our critters mixed up :thumbsup:

Now that you mention it, it was a reindeer in his garage and he had a can of white paint with him.

·
Always Remembered RIP
1991 560SEC AMG
10,146 Posts

·
Always Remembered RIP
1991 560SEC AMG
10,146 Posts
Thank you for your information you've already posted not once before. Perhaps you'd have gotten your message across better if you were to post several pictures of your car from all angles?

I believe anyone who were to buy these would be doing so for show. New dealer mats can be had for cheaper if your main concern is to keep your carpets clean. 48hp was able to find a cheaper solution for the very pricey KC mats for those who were looking for "show" mats. Another thanks for his efforts in trying to replicate a pre-merger item is in order:thumbsup:
Coming from *YOU*, (once again,) that is a compliment of the highest order

·
R.I.P. Never Forgotten
1983-2007 MB's
8,023 Posts
Curious on the carpet material. Cut pile or serrated ribbon? I like the latter due to wear resistance.

·
Registered
'82 Euro 500SEL, '85 Euro 500SEC AMG WB Cabriolet,'86 Euro 500SEC RUF
9,487 Posts
Once again 48hp has come through with AMG goodness. Good going Henric!!!
Makes me wish I had an AMG. Maybe someday.

·
Registered
1978 Euro 350SL Lorisner, 73 450SL AMG Clone
1,152 Posts
As many are aware, AMG offered custom carpet inlayed AMG logo floor mats back in the day. These were once available to customers worldwide. The North America market also had an alternative, produced by a high carpet "designer." Both versions were produced to match the customers interior color with a contrasting AMG logos.

Keith Collins, located here in southern California, retained the templets used during the 80's. These are a very high end product but with a price tag of $675 a pair.

An alternative is now available. Together with In Stitches, we have now reproduced the "global" version. Equally as well crafted but without the "artisan" aspect and price tag.

These are great replacement floor mats for AMG owners and a nice finishing touch to any AMG build.

Currently available for the W126 front only. All color combinations are available. The company does not use OE carpet and if you require something specific, please send in a sample.

Contact Vorei at In Stitches if interested.

In Stitches
1991 Industrial Blvd
Lake Havasu City, AZ 86403
(928) 854-3627

$325 + shipping.

Great to have another pre-merger AMG available again. :thumbsup:
Just called them and put in my order. they will make a great final touch in the car.

Thanks again to 48Hp for going the extra mile for the pre merger AMG lovers.

·
Registered
1985 mercedes 500 sl,2011 E350
277 Posts
Hi everyone
This is old tread,but I just got lucky and I bought bigger collection of pre merger AMG accessories and parts for r107 and one of them was original AMG floor mats,used probably two or three times,before the original owner remove them from car,because he was afraid to make them dirty ?
They have a sticker note on back side Mouton fur.That is probably sheep skin by Google. Unfortunately they are in palomino color and my car is grey.Any idea if I can change color on sheep skin?Thanks for help

Attachments

·
Registered
W201 3.0, W126 500SE
55 Posts
Hi everyone
This is old tread,but I just got lucky and I bought bigger collection of pre merger AMG accessories and parts for r107 and one of them was original AMG floor mats,used probably two or three times,before the original owner remove them from car,because he was afraid to make them dirty ?
They have a sticker note on back side Mouton fur.That is probably sheep skin by Google. Unfortunately they are in palomino color and my car is grey.Any idea if I can change color on sheep skin?Thanks for help
Sheepskin can be dyed, but whether it'll work on floor mats I don't know. I suggest speaking to a leather goods manufacturer or supplier.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts