Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to clean the tips today on our newly acquired c230... I shot it with Purple Degreaser to disolve the carbon deposits... Noticed some dull spots.. I used some Neverdull wadding and it did not get rid of the dull spots.. Looks like chrome plated pot metal to me:(

Bummer...

I have solid SS tips on my Vette and I never need to polish them.. I shoot em with Purple and the carbon melts off.... Shiny all over again...;)

·
Registered
144 Posts
Hmmm, can you post some pictures? I have never had an issue with mine, so I am curious what is happening with yours. I just use steel wool to clean the carbon off the leading edges and cotton towel to polish the remainder.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Hmmm, can you post some pictures? I have never had an issue with mine, so I am curious what is happening with yours. I just use steel wool to clean the carbon off the leading edges and cotton towel to polish the remainder.
I'll shoot a pic in a few minutes...

HEre you go.. I even tried to hit em with 0000 Steel wool.. You can see the thumbnail looking piece of chrome missing off the side... The dull parts look like the metal INSIDE the tips... Wonder if this is covered under Warranty?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts