Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Y2K MBZ C23OK W202
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I AM LOOKING AT PURCHASING A 98 C43 EXHAUST AND WANTED TO KNOW IF THE DOWNPIPE IS THE SAME DIAMETER AS A 2000 C230 KOMPRESSOR. GIVEN THAT THE C43 IS BASICALLY TWICE THE SIZE, WOULD IT BE AN EASY SWAP FROM STOCK...GURUS YOUR INPUT PLZ... MUCH APPRECIATED.

·
Registered
1994 C280
111 Posts
Dont know if it will fit or not, but Im pretty sure it will sound stupid as there wont be enough volume passing through the muffler to sound nice. I reckon it will sound quite raspy. Maybe try getting a c36 muffler instead

·
Registered
Y2K MBZ C23OK W202
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
more specific

its just the muffler... do you believe it will still be raspy??? im not concerned about hp gains or sound... only looks... thanks

·
Registered
1994 C280
111 Posts
I sure do think it will sound raspy. A 2.3L cannot push the same volume of air that a 4.3L V8 would. Bear in mind, AMG would not have used an overly restrictive muffler on the C43 to start with. Why dont you try some other QUALITY aftermarket mufflers?

·
Registered
1994 C280
111 Posts
I really think a C36 exhaust is the way to go, or, something by Remus as they are fairly quite, but definitely smoother and deeper than stock.

·
Registered
2000 C230 Kompressor Special Edition
1,173 Posts
I would try to use a custom-designed Mercedes-Benz exhaust specially tuned for the C230 Kompressor.

I wonder where I might find one?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts