Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
9,038 Posts
Importfan... have you seen a W126 in real life? The trunk is much wider and shaped differently. Might as well get a Honda Civic spoiler and make it "fit" :p Installing a W126 spoiler on a W201 will require cutting to make it shorter and lots of shaving to make it sit flush with the trunk lid.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Importfan... have you seen a W126 in real life? The trunk is much wider and shaped differently. Might as well get a Honda Civic spoiler and make it "fit" :p Installing a W126 spoiler on a W201 will require cutting to make it shorter and lots of shaving to make it sit flush with the trunk lid.
Yes, I've seen one; I just don't recall how much of a difference there is in the rear. I saw it and thought I'd report it. You never know who is willing to do the cutting and shaving... :surrender:

·
9,038 Posts
Well, at over $200 for a replica spoiler thats not even going to be fitting properly.. its a big gamble. May be better trying to modify a W124 spoiler to fit than a W126.

I wouldn't mind having my duck tail spoiler copied, but its impossible to take it off my car without destroying it:rolleyes:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts