Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone, im considering purcahsing 2- 19x8.5 and 2- 19x9.5 amg cl wheels from a website i found online. does anyone know if these wheels will fit the clk 430 without modifications? are there any prohibitions or warnings to the contrary? i want that fat wheel/tire look, but i dont want to be creating safety issues because of altering the wheel size. also, will this application cause any speedometer/odometer errors? thanks for any replies in advance...

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Modifications...yes. I used to have 19x8.5 CL wheels on my CLK..

We had to modify the hub and put a 10 mm spacer in. <br> <br> I have never tried the rear so I can't vouch for that.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Modifications...yes. I used to have 19x8.5 CL wheels on my CLK..

hi frank, thanks for the reply and the pic, your car looks great! tell me, what did you have to do to modify the hub? you didnt have to do anything to the rear? the wheel simply bolts on? also, why is a spacer required? sorry if i seem ignorant, but im just trying to have all the info i can get b4 i lay out the cash for the wheels...thanks, larry

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The offset is wrong. The stock offset is +35 i believe and the..

8.5 CL wheel is a +44. Add a 10 mm spacer the offset drops to +36 which is close to perfect. The rim hub had to be machined to accomodate the spacer. I used the Lorinser spacer so the machining will snap it in place. <br> <br> H&R sells spacers which simply bolt-on and do not require you to modify the hub.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I used Lorinser spacers. Not sure if H&R has them. The 9.5s no idea since I never tried..

Besides, the CL wheels uses different lugs so it is not adviseable to run this set up.<br> <br> Frank

1 - 7 of 7 Posts