Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
slk32
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've been invited to participate in the 2006, AMG challenge from mercedes benz. my question is, can a 18 year old, with New Driver license register for the event? (New Driver = some policy in british columbia, restricting the driver from driving more than 1 person, and its not a class 5 (not a complete) license yet))
thnx for answering guys

·
Registered
slk32
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
nevermind, it says all participants have to be 21 or above.. damn, that sucks :(

·
Registered
2002 SLK 32 AMG, bone stock. 1987 190E 2.3-16 valve (destroyed). 2005 E320 new toy.
14,926 Posts
The reason:

A couple of years back at Summit Point, they ran into some problems. One participant lost control and ran into the infield and hit a tree, he totaled a C-32 or an E-55, I can't remember which. There were 4 people in the car at the time. No one was injured. I was told that this wasn't the first occurrence. The liability has got to be enormous, and with "underage" drivers insurance has got to be completely out of sight.
The cost is about $1,200 for the Challenge course and the Graduate course is $1,600, over double what the first challenge was. Lots of fun though, and you can learn a lot about how to drive a fast car fast..[;)]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts