Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm looking for 17' or 18' amg aero II wheels, you know the one with the bolts all around it. If any one has a set for sale..email me...

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'M not looking for aero II, I'M looking for aero 2pce, wich do have bolts all around, you've got them on your site.got any for me<br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
AMG Aero II question

I just got a 1999 Silver/Gray MB S-420. I love everythng about it except the tires & wheels. <br> <br> You'll probably laugh but I like a fuller solid dish kinda like what you get with Centerlines, but I know that would look stupid on a Benz. I hate the 5 star configs but you can't really get away from it without going crazy. I really like the classic AMG since the dish is fuller (less cut outs) than all other AMGs. The classic AMGs also only go up to 17'. Not much of a change from the 16' stock chrome dudes I have now. A 20' chrome AMG Classic or Aero II would make me wet my pants. Good thing they don't exist.<br> <br> After much research, I'm leaning towards Chrome 18x8.5 AMG Aero II Monoblocks. Stop me when I'm wrong. As far as I can tell the 18' comes in chrome. The 19' does not. There is no 20' at all. If I went with the 18x8.5 chrome and 235/50/18 as Tire Rack recommends I should have no rubbing, accurate readings and nothing to worry about, right? Where does fitment fit into all this? There always a catch, so what is it? I can't afford a mistake with this much money on the line. Could I really just have these delivered to my home, jack up the car, pop em on and go cruising that day? Is 18' the right choice? Not too extreme but still styling? 20' seem extreme,but sooo funkay. Is 19' the best of both worlds? There should be no need to lower my car via spring or autoleveling adjustment if I'm happy with the current spacing, right? The new wheels/tires will maintain the same height as the original, right? That's the whole idea bedhind Plus Sizing', right?<br> <br> Why don't the 19' AMG Aero II's come in chrome. Why isn't there a 20' AMG Aero? Why isn't there a 20' AMG Aero II in Chrome. What's fitment and should I be worried about it?<br> <br> Any advice is appreciated. Thanxxx in advance. I'm glad I found this forum.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: AMG Aero II question

I, if you like different wheels then the 5 star, go see www.hrewheels.com If I was you, I would go for 18 inch. 19 will be way to rought on the ridding. Also, 18 is big and already very expensive. You want my advice, buy from who you want, wheels, get them from tirerack if you please, but the rubber, get it from an independent. When I bought my new tires this year, they told me they would fit, we tried and they ended up rubbing. So the guy took them off and installed me a different size that ended up fitting whitout making a big compromise. They know there stuff, and they really want to satisfy you, also, they wont let you leave the shop with a rubber that does'nt fit right. Get the wheels, than shop for tires. (My opinion) Better pay a bit more and be happy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts