Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,<br> <br> I have a 2002 E430 4Matic with stock tires (235/45-17 w/ Pirelli P7000 Supersport). I'm interested in the AMG Aero II Monoblocks 18' all around and putting runflat tires on them.<br> <br> But, I can't seem to find any tires that fit. Will I have to choose between the Monoblocks and the runflat technology?<br> <br> Are there any runflat tires that would fit my car on 18' or will I have to stick to 17'?<br> <br> Any guidance is appreciated.<br> <br> Thanks,<br> - NirenS.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: AMG Aero II Monoblock 18

actually Goodyear does offer the Eagle F1 GSD Extended mobility tire in a 245/40-18 that will work on your E430. One thing you may not have considered is that you MUST have a tire pressure monitoring device to use runflat tires. We carry the Smartire system which we can install on your wheels when we mount the tires. The basic system cost is $229.00 with and option full function remote display for $49.00. <br> <br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: AMG Aero II Monoblock 18

Hi Luke,<br> <br> I know that I have to put in the monitoring system and from what I've read the most easily available is the Smartire system.<br> <br> Another quick question is that if I stick with the stock 17' wheels what options do I have to put in run-flats - the current tire size is 235/45-17. And what is the max speed difference is acceptable if I put in a slightly different size than stock. I was looking at a few tires (specially the Michelin Pilot ZP) which were 245/245-17 and that would be about 1.4% too slow. It is okay or too much?<br> <br> Thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts