Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Updated my AMG 560SEC recently....enhancements :

- replaced the 3-piece AMGs with Aero I's, which i think look far better on the SEC

- AMG ducktail fitted (each of the three pieces havnig the AMG C7.... part nos)

- AMG 'Japan' version front spoiler

- Trasco International Boomerang aerial

- AMG 'Japan' burlwood/leather steering

Trasco was a big modifier of AMGs back in the 80s, very similar to Styling Garage.

The car is pretty cool now and clocked 5.7 secs on the 0-62mph run using a G-tech meter - it has :

- AMG/Renntech camshafts with polished/ported heads with the Euro ECE 300bhp 5.6 base engine, taking powere to circa 335 bhp

- FULL series 2 w126 AMG exhaust system (Sebring)

- 2.82 rear diff

- 722.370 transmission

cheers
talbir

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,569 Posts
Very nice!As for the rims I like the 3pc better but we not all with the same taste.Is that an SEL front spoiler or they fit them on an SEC to?LOVE THE COLOR.White looks bigger!

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
What!...an already stunning car just got better?...hmmm well except for the boomerang on the trunk, I think they belong on American limos not German muscle cars

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Hmmmm I hope that boomerang is conected to a tv...
Actualy while i dont think id put one on my SEC I think it really suits the 80s flavor especialy on a white SEC.

·
Premium Member
4,067 Posts
Smashing! :thumbsup:

......an '80s expression for a very '80s icon.

As an aside, US over-the-air TV signals are going digital as of January next year and UHF/VHF bands will be auctioned off to telecoms companies.

All those old TV aerials will become useless. :(

·
Banned
4,583 Posts
Take that antenna off there. It looks silly. The thing isn't a Limo. The AMG wheels looked much better, sorry.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Take that antenna off there. It looks silly. The thing isn't a Limo. The AMG wheels looked much better, sorry.
They are AMG wheels on there, or don't you know that ?

Don't tell others what to take off their cars.

talbir

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
talbir, want to sell your 3-peice so I can put them on my w124 AMG?
I'm afraid i put them on the AMG 560 SEL....the 3-piece wheels suit the SELs better imo....plus these 3-piece wheels are 8.5 + 10s .....won't make it on th w124 without serios mods....

cheers
talbir

Attachments

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
You know after looking at the pictures again, I can see an attraction to the boomerang aerial, although for me it's no so much an aesthetic thing but more the statement it makes...classic eighties, 'over the top exuberance'...I wouldn't hesitate to put one on Panzy

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Has there ever been a picture thread of ONLY Talbir cars??? If so, please link me! If not, here is an official request! I would love to see all of your cars in one thread!

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
In fact if that were my car in white with the boomerang id be having a hunt for a big old 80s car phone and adding 22 carat gold plated badging just to finish off that "Oil sheik" special feel.
awesome

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
I have the boomerang antenna on one of mine too, I wont take it off because thats the way it came, and actually still does work! Someone mentioned that some sort of converter box will be available to allow the tv in the car to still work after the signal goes digital, can someone explain how thats possible?

·
Premium Member
4,067 Posts
Someone mentioned that some sort of converter box will be available to allow the tv in the car to still work after the signal goes digital, can someone explain how thats possible?
You can pick up those at any RadioShack, Best Buy, Circuit City, etc., but I haven't seen any for 12 volt yet.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts