Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
SLK55, SL6.1, M3
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi~ I need some advise from you guys
I'm intending to change my stock rims(the 16spokes AMG) to the 5 spoke multipieces AMG ones~ like the safety car
I would prefer to get the 18" ones so that I wont have to change the whole new set of tires( plus the road in boston is horrible). But I could hardly find the 5 spokes multi piece in 18". So right now I'm considering about changing the whole set to 19" ones. Anybody have any ideas or suggestion on prices also is there any modification needed if I wanna change it 19" ?? I personally don't mind replica if it doesn't reduce performances. Thank u~

·
Registered
SLK 350 MT
148 Posts
With Boston's awful roads I'd think twice about increasing the rim size, leaving even less sidewall to absorb the impact. Do you have specific tires in mind to withstand the potholes with extra reinforcement in the sidewall? I put Falkens on my Audi because the crap for highways in the Philly area destroyed two original Pirellis in short order. What brand tires are you going to switch to if you upsize the rims? Maybe other city dwellers have suggestions for tire/wheel combos.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts