Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
W-1-2-3 Go!
16,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw an AMG 450SLC near my place, I'm not affiliated with the seller in anyway. "Dan Sefcic" said it's a 1988 I think (not sure on that, don't quote me). His contact info is:

Dan Sefcic
(714) 5254454 work
(714) 4580404 cell
(714) 4582455 cell

I asked him how much he wants for it, he said $4900. I forgot to mention it's European, has the AMG Penta wheels (didn't check if they're Ronal replicas).

Talked to him afterwards about diesels, he mentioned he owns 6 MBs and previously worked in the MB Stuttgart factory.

If you ask my opinion it's quite rare, the glovebox door has some sort of device (like a 2nd radio?). The door panels were cloth, the seats had sheepskin but the mileage (as Dan said) was 180k miles. European headlamps too.

Just letting the R107 forum know.[:)]

·
Premium Member
W-1-2-3 Go!
16,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't have images. Ad on the car said it's on "Autotrader" [?]

·
Premium Member
W-1-2-3 Go!
16,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Please contact seller instead I have no sources other than what I got from him.

·
Registered
1989 500SL (R129);2001 R170 230SLK; 1992 320CE
1,036 Posts
karugs,

MB stopped making SLCs in 1981. Of course, it could have been AMGd later.

Really like both your W123s.

·
Premium Member
W-1-2-3 Go!
16,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
SSL,

Thanks, I don't remember what year exactly since we talked about his other cars (got the years mixed up [8)]). Now that you mentioned it, I do remember him saying it's an 80. When I checked, the window lifter switches are chromed just like the old style pre-82 interiors (large hazard switch too). If I remember it's also laid with burlwood but there's an installed Zebrano shift knob (auto). It has the AMG steering wheel but no marking "AMG" lettering. I'm not familiar with the designs but I think the front bumper had foglamps too. Don't remember if there was a bodykit but like I mentioned above it had Euro lights, bumpers, and interior (cloth).

·
Premium Member
W-1-2-3 Go!
16,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I just dropped by his place to have the transmission fluid on my wagon replaced and my dad asked about the SLC. Dan said it's at home and if I drop by one time I could take some images of it and post them here if anybody is still interested. I asked if anybody called he said only one who was asking about the wheels.

Just thought I'd post my first experience to have one of our cars repaired.

·
Always Remembered RIP
1973 450 SLC AMG, 1995 Chevy Tahoe
3,381 Posts
i'd like to see the pics

1 - 9 of 9 Posts