Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello! I am a newbie to Benzworld and am thrilled to be a part of the community. I have driven the mercedes E class for 11 years. I simply love this class! I currently drive a 2008 E350.

My car came with dome ambient lighting in both the front and rear. After an altercation with one of my neighbor's brick mailboxes :eek:, my car was towed to a collision center. Long story short, when I got my car back the ambient lighting in the rear had been replaced with a "ring of plastic". I initially thought that the "light" had blown and needed to be replaced. When I took my car to the dealership, that's when I discovered the plastic ring. I am now being told that my car never had rear ambient lighting! I was floored!! I have driven this vehicle for well over 2years and my husband and I know without a doubt that we had both front and rear ambient lighting. The car does not have a panoramic roof, only the standard sunroof. Is there anybody else out there who drives the same model as mine with both front and rear dome ambient lighting? Please help!

·
Outstanding Contributor - Always Remembered, RIP
Zotye Auto 1.5T T600 2016
52,804 Posts
Welcome to Benzworld. Please complete your profile as this will help members give you the most accurate answer to your questions. Location is also important when we need to help you find parts etc. This forum is for introductions only and all questions should be posted on the appropriate sub forum for your car.

W211 E-Class - Benzworld.org - Mercedes-Benz Discussion Forum

·
Registered
2008 E 350 Sport
12 Posts
Hi, just purchased my first MB, 2008 E 350 Sport. Very sorry that I waited this long to do that, what a car. Writing from sunny Vero Beach FL.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, Eric. I apologize. I am new here and am just learning to use the forum. I'll try again! I don't want to break any rules because it's important that I get my questions answered, and not get removed from this site. Again, I am so sorry.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
2008 E350

If anyone out there in Benz World could help me with the answer to my probblem, I would greatly appreciate your help. I don't know where else to turn to. :crybaby2:

·
Registered
2008 E 350 Sport
12 Posts
Sounds like we have the same car. Mine has ambient lighting in the front and rear areas. Trying to figure out how to control them as they are distracting at night.

·
Outstanding Contributor - Always Remembered, RIP
Zotye Auto 1.5T T600 2016
52,804 Posts
Thanks, Eric. I apologize. I am new here and am just learning to use the forum. I'll try again! I don't want to break any rules because it's important that I get my questions answered, and not get removed from this site. Again, I am so sorry.
Please do not panic, you will not be banned. I was merely asking you to complete your profile as this makes it easier for other members to give good replies. Use the link I provided and ask your question on that forum because the other members on that forum have the same model as you and are therefore best able to help you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts