Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
SLK350
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've never noticed it but the ambient lights remain on for hours. I see the dim glow reflecting off the brake pedal. Does it eventually turn off if I leave the car unlocked? I don't want to run the risk of draining out my battery. I noticed that if I lock the vehicle it does turn off but I typically don't lock it in my garage. Does this relate to the fact I have my lights on auto?

·
Registered
350 SLK
1,528 Posts
Where is the ambient lighting? I must admit I haven't noticed it even though i am supposed to have it. It has always been very obvious on my other cars so must be very muted.

I do not use the "auto" mode for my lights so can't answer your question.

·
Registered
06 SLK350 Obs Blk,
51 Posts
My ambient turns on an off when I open and close the doors. No need to lock the car. The lighting was already set. I'm sure it can be reset with the steering wheel controls. Did you look through your OM? I'll take a look to see if I can find it for you.

bobbyM

·
Registered
SLK 55 AMG
237 Posts
I know there is a tiny LED on the bottom of the rear view mirror but it does not do much. Can we adjust its brightness??

·
Registered
SLK350
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There are ambient lights under the rear view mirror and in the foot wells on both sides. The one under the rear view is very low powered so one can barely see it unless your interior light settings are set to low. There is a faint amber glow. The ones in the footwells are brighter.

It appears the ambient light under the rear view mirror turns off when the car is off. But the ones in the footwells stay on until I actually lock the doors. I even tried turning the lights to OFF but they stay on as long as the doors are unlocked. I hope mine isn't a malfunction.

·
Registered
SLK 55 AMG
3,560 Posts
You can set the duration of the ambient light if I remember correctly...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts