Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1987 560SEL Astral Silver/Silver blue leather,Michelins,SONY
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much easier can things get!? Mix up a small bit of J-B Weld. Dab it on the end of a wire that has come unsoldered from a switch. Push the end back into the switch. Let it set for an hour or so.
Can it be that simple? Where is the flaw in my thinking? I know for a fact that J-B Wed is incredible stuff.
Like all tired, broken old lazy men I am always trying to find an easy way to do things. Sometimes yes; sometimes no.
Thank you and good night.:confused:

·
Premium Member
1991 560 SEC 1994 E500 2014 E350 Cab
7,029 Posts
JB Weld is awesome stuff. Just used it last night to take my rear speaker covers from 9 pieces back to one piece. A little sand paper, a little grey paint and I am pretty good. Total cost, $9.85 and 45 total minutes.

·
Registered
1990 560 SEL with Euro engine, 1998 SL500 Sport
2,957 Posts
How much easier can things get!? Mix up a small bit of J-B Weld. Dab it on the end of a wire that has come unsoldered from a switch. Push the end back into the switch. Let it set for an hour or so.
Can it be that simple? Where is the flaw in my thinking? I know for a fact that J-B Wed is incredible stuff.
Like all tired, broken old lazy men I am always trying to find an easy way to do things. Sometimes yes; sometimes no.
Thank you and good night.:confused:
It sounds like it should work ok. The only potential issue I see is if the JB Weld gets in between the wire the terminal. Of course soldering would be the best way. It's really not that difficult to solder.

·
Registered
1989 560SEC
2,056 Posts
+1 to graftdesign. Not sure about the electrical properties of JB Weld.

Mike

Mil

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

1 - 4 of 4 Posts