Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2002 C32
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my windows tinted in my 2002 C32 and AM band is getting weak reception on my radio. Fm is fine. I have command system. I have found out that the radio antenna is in rear window. Has anyone had this experience and found a reasonable solution?

·
Registered
449 Posts
If the tinted film has a metalic coating....

then the AM and FM performance will be degraded. The only solution is to remove the film and maybe replace it with a non-metallic film. The film is between two layers of plastic usually so it’s not easy to determine if you have a metallic film. Check with the manufacturer. Another possibility is that one of the antenna lines on the rear window was cut while the film was being trimmed. The AM antenna is the set of lines at the top of the window.

·
Registered
1 Posts
AM Reception C230

I have the C230 and am having the same problem except I haven't tinted my windows. FM reception is great AM is staticky is area where reception on my ML320 is fine. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
449 Posts
what model years?

I have a 99 ml320 and a 02 c230. The c230 has the better reception system. Could be a defective component generating AM noise. Its a difficult problem for most dealers to trouble shoot. For starters, check to see if the noise is there with the engine and all other options turned off. If it goes away, turn things on, one at a time to see if you can identify where it is coming from.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts