Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2007 ML350
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys.

Just stopped by my local specialty car stereo store to see what upgrades I could do to improve the terrible sound from the stock (non-Bose) sound system on my 350SE. The guy said he wouldn't even go near a Benz sound system since he'd start setting off all sorts of sensors and what nots.

Is this true?

I'd like at least a subwoofer to improve the sound from the satellite radio. I don't wand to blow the doors off anything but want a little better base.

Any suggesgtions?

·
Registered
1999 ML320 (Sold)
404 Posts
I have the same problem everytime I take the ML to shops they dont want to touch it they say if something breaks its to expensive. What I did was add a Kenwood Bazooka subwoofer (circuit city and places like that) you dont need to wire into your stereo system you just run speaker wires to it and it takes the highs and lows and amplifies it. Believe me it is like night and day with it on it just needs power anyone can hook that up you dont have to go into your vehicle wiring.
http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Bazooka-Powered-Bass-Tube-BTA8100-/sem/rpsm/oid/90116/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

bocobod - 3/27/2005 12:42 AM

Hey guys.

Just stopped by my local specialty car stereo store to see what upgrades I could do to improve the terrible sound from the stock (non-Bose) sound system on my 350SE. The guy said he wouldn't even go near a Benz sound system since he'd start setting off all sorts of sensors and what nots.

Is this true?

I'd like at least a subwoofer to improve the sound from the satellite radio. I don't wand to blow the doors off anything but want a little better base.

Any suggesgtions?

·
Registered
1999 ML 430
586 Posts
wait pize98 how is it hooked up you say it amplifies what it hears? but what wires need to be ran through the car? how easy is it to install? more info!! this is exactly what im looking for

·
Registered
99ML320 (retired) C230 530xi 911-C4
2,229 Posts

Hey guys.

Is this true?

Any suggesgtions?
Change door speakers to MB QUART speakers. They are expensive but can make a huge difference.

While you're switching them out, buy rolls of dynamat and line doors with dynamat.

I have factory Bose and dynamatting and MB QUART speakers made a huge difference.

PS: I think this is a European car problem in general. I have the Premium DSP Harmon Kardon stereo in the BMW and it sounds like tin cans ringing compared to the MB Bose.

·
Registered
99ML320 (retired) C230 530xi 911-C4
2,229 Posts

Hey guys.

Is this true?

Any suggesgtions?
can't believe you didn't use the search function...

Here's one of many results from the search

http://www.mbnz.org/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=1177841&posts=20&hl=mb+quart

·
Registered
2007 ML350
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ah yes...the search function [:I][:I]

Great thread. Thanks for the clicky. Since I'm still trying to get into the DIY stuff mybe I can print our the instructions on the thread and take it to another shop.

·
BenzWorld W211 Host
E270 CDI -03
163 Posts
bocobod - 3/25/2005 6:42 AM

Hey guys.

Is this true?

Any suggesgtions?
All shops who claim that they won't touch the ML becouse they are afraid of setting of sensors and whatnot (in my opinion) are amateurs!

I've changed all my speakers to better ones and added two subwoofers from Pioneer. I have even replaced the stock stereo-unit with an Pioneer Avic X1 (N1 i the US) without ANY problems.

Even before I replaced the stock stereo I got better sound by replacing just the speakers.

·
Registered
02ML320 & 06RClass (sold)
1,632 Posts
stroessel - 3/29/2005 8:28 AM

All shops who claim that they won't touch the ML becouse they are afraid of setting of sensors and whatnot (in my opinion) are amateurs!

I've changed all my speakers to better ones and added two subwoofers from Pioneer. I have even replaced the stock stereo-unit with an Pioneer Avic X1 (N1 i the US) without ANY problems.

Even before I replaced the stock stereo I got better sound by replacing just the speakers.
Dont go to a Audio-Video shop that do not specialized in "high end" car. That is why they`re scared to touch. Check this site: miautodesign.com

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts